It is possible that Instagram is experiencing a bug or glitch which is resulting in your app’s feed being static or not being updated. If the problem persists, you can try using Instagram web to access Instagram or clearing the app’s cache on your phone. If the issue persists, you can contact Instagram’s Customer Support team.
It is estimated that there are over one billion Instagram users worldwide. Instagram gives us the chance to be updated with the latest trends and happenings in our everyday lives, as well as share our own.
I would like to point out that like many other online social media platforms, the feed of your home page might not be showing any new posts. Is there anything you can do about that?
What Is Instagram Feed?
Essentially, Instagram Feed refers to the main page of the Instagram app, which shows users a chronological list of posts, photos, videos, and stories that have been shared by the accounts that they follow.
It is a chronological display of the posts, photos, videos and stories shared by the accounts the user follows. # Why Is My Instagram Feed Not Showing New Posts?
The feed page is where users can browse to new content and interact with it, such as liking, commenting, and sharing posts. From the feed page, they can access their own profile, explore page, and direct messages.
There are two ways in which users can customize their feed: they can unfollow accounts that do not interest them any longer, or they can mute accounts that they do not want to be notified by.
Besides using an algorithm, Instagram also shows users content that it believes they will be interested in based on their past behavior and engagements.
In general, the Instagram Feed is the core of the Instagram experience, allowing users to stay on top of what is new on the accounts that they follow, and to interact with that content in different ways depending on what they desire to do with it.
Why Is My Instagram Feed Not Showing New Posts?
You can try and fix the feed that isn’t getting updated on Instagram if it only shows old posts instead of new posts, or if your Instagram feed isn’t getting updated at all, here’s what you will need to do!
Fix Your Internet Connection
Depending on how stable your internet connection is, you might not be able to see new posts on Instagram if you do not have a stable internet connection.
You can try to investigate your internet speed by turning it off and on again. You can also try changing your network to see if that helps.
Clear Instagram Cache
On both iOS and Android devices, clearing the cache of the app is a great way to solve this issue. Here is a guide that shows you how to do it.
For iPhone Users
The following steps will guide you through the process of clearing the Instagram cache on your iPhone:
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
- “General” should be selected.
- Go to “iPhone Storage” and tap it.
- Tap on the Instagram app to open it.
- The “Offload App” button will appear.
- Apps should be reinstalled.
For Android Users
To clear your Android device’s cache, follow these steps:
- Go to your Android device’s Settings app.
- Select “Apps” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Apps.”
- Go to “Instagram” and tap it.
- The “Storage” option can be found by tapping it.
- To clear the cache, tap the “Clear Cache” button.
Cache has been cleared. # Why Is My Instagram Feed Not Showing New Posts?
Check for Any Bug Fixes
The technical team is expected to work on the issue and resolve it as soon as possible. If your feed does not show any new posts, the application or server is probably down.
It is possible to report the problem to the technical team if the issue persists for a long time and then wait for those who deal with it to fix the problem.
Update Instagram to the Latest Version
Ensure that all the apps on your device are up-to-date at all times.
In this way, we can fix most of the bugs that are common in the app, and the app will work perfectly once the developers have fixed the issues and have rolled out the update.
Contact the Instagram Support Team
The last resort would be to contact the application support team, if the posts are not getting updated for you by yourself, then you might want to consider contacting the support team and get the issue resolved as soon as possible.
In order to contact our support team, please follow the steps listed below:
- Get the Instagram app for your mobile device and open it.
- In the bottom right corner, tap the profile icon.
- In the top right corner, tap the hamburger menu icon.
- Click “Settings.”
- From the menu, select “Help.”
- Click “Report a Problem.”
- As directed on the screen, follow the steps.
Instagram feed does not display posts from friends
A few things you can try if your Instagram feed doesn’t show posts from your friends:
- Follow your friends’ accounts. If you don’t follow an account, your feed won’t show their posts.
- Ensure that you have not accidentally turned on the “Hide from my feed” option for any of your friends in your account settings. Go to your profile, tap on the three dots in the top right corner, select Settings, and then Privacy.
- The functionality of certain features may be affected by a weak or unstable internet connection.
- It may be necessary to restart the Instagram app if the app becomes unresponsive.
- Relaunch the Instagram app after force quitting.
- In your phone’s settings, go to Applications > Instagram > Storage > Clear Cache to clear your Instagram app’s cache.
- Turn on “Auto-update” if you don’t already have it.
- Last but not least, if the post is still unavailable, the account may have blocked you.
In the case that none of the above methods worked, the issue may be related to the Instagram algorithm for showing content in the feed. To improve your chances of seeing your friends’ posts, interact more with their accounts.
Why is my post not showing on my Instagram feed
If you are not seeing the post you posted on your Instagram feed, there are several reasons why:
- Instagram’s algorithm: Based on past behavior and engagement, Instagram prioritizes showing users content they will find most interesting. Depending on your following, if you post a piece of content that doesn’t receive much engagement right after it’s posted, it may not appear in their feeds as often as you would like.
- Hashtags and location tagging: Instagram enables users to organize and surface content using hashtags and location tags. It may be harder for people to discover your post if there are no hashtags or location tags associated with it.
- Posting frequency: Posting too frequently may prevent your posts from showing up in followers’ feeds.
- Privacy settings: Private posts will only be visible to those who have been approved to see them. Posts will only be visible to everyone if your account is set to public.
- Instagram’s shadow ban: When your post does not show up in hashtags, location tags, or explore pages, but your account is not completely banned. Your account is flagged when Instagram detects suspicious activity.
- Bug or glitch: Sometimes, certain features won’t work properly due to bugs or glitches. You may be able to resolve the issue by updating the app.
You might try asking your followers to comment or like your post if you feel it is not appearing in the feed due to an algorithm issue, or you might ask other accounts to repost or share your post.
Getting in touch with Instagram support if the issue persists is recommended. # Why is my post not showing on my Instagram feed # Instagram feed does not display posts from friends
How to fix Instagram feed not showing new posts
You can fix the problem if you cannot see new posts on your Instagram feed:
- Refresh the feed: Pull down on the screen to refresh the feed and see if new posts are loading.
- Check your internet connection: Check that your internet connection is strong and stable. Loading new posts can be hindered by a weak connection.
- Close and reopen the app: Sometimes, the app may become unresponsive, and restarting it can help resolve the issue.
- Clear the cache: Open the settings menu on your phone, select Applications, Instagram, and Storage, then choose Clear Cache. If you are experiencing a problem related to temporary data, you can clear it by doing this.
- Check your account settings: Verify that none of the accounts you follow have been hidden from your feed by mistake. To find this, go to your profile, tap on the three dots in the top right corner, then tap Settings, then Privacy.
- Check for updates: The Instagram app needs to be updated. It is possible that updates will include bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Log out and log back in: You may be able to resolve the issue by logging out and logging back in again.
- Check the algorithm: Instagram displays content based on past behavior and engagement to users it thinks they will be interested in. Content may not be served to you correctly if your account is new.
There may be a bug or an issue with Instagram’s servers if none of the above steps worked. Please contact Instagram support for assistance. ‘# How to fix Instagram feed not showing new posts
Check if your internet connection is stable, and uninstall and reinstall the Instagram app to fix this issue. # Why Is My Instagram Feed Not Showing New Posts?
As a result of this simple solution, you will be able to scroll through the feed again with no problems, and you will be able to enjoy reading personal messages again.
Additionally, there are probably unrecognized bugs that are not recognized by the technical team, and they will have to wait until the bug has been reported in order to be fixed by the development team.