How To Take Down a TikTok Video? Knowing how to take down a TikTok video is a valuable skill for any user, regardless of whether your perspective has changed or if you received feedback that made you reconsider.
Here you will find out how to delete a TikTok video effectively and easily, ensuring that you have full control over the content and online presence of your video, no matter what it is.
In order to remove a video from TikTok, you should open your profile and navigate to the TikTok you wish to remove.
Click on the three dots at the bottom right of the screen to select the three dots and then select ‘Delete,’ and TikTok will remove the video immediately.
You can take down videos you may have made on a whim using Tiktok, or you can request that other people take down videos that clash with your beliefs and values.
Let’s take a closer look at this interactive platform. # How To Take Down a TikTok Video?
How TikTok Removal System Works
There are a few things that need to be understood about how the moderation and removal system works on TikTok before understanding how to remove a video from TikTok.
The first time a video is uploaded to TikTok, it is first scanned by TikTok’s automated AI system, which is meant to detect rule-breaking behavior in a video as well as content within it.
A video that contains content that clearly violates the community guidelines (e.g. showing extreme violence or a person who is not wearing clothing) will automatically get taken down by YouTube, likely before anyone even notices it.
After their system has decided that a video can be pushed out to people safely, it will start appearing in people’s following and For You feeds once their system decides it is safe to do so.
It is possible for a video to be temporarily removed or left unaffected until a human moderator decides to review it for violations of community guidelines if it has been reported.
Further action will only be taken once this has been done.
How To Take Down a TikTok Video?
It is possible to remove a TikTok video that you have previously posted by following these steps:
Open the TikTok App:
- If you want to share a video on TikTok, you’ll need to launch the app on your mobile device and make sure that you are signed in to the account where the video was posted.
Access Your Profile:
- As soon as you tap on the “Me” icon at the bottom right corner of the screen, you will be taken to your TikTok profile, where you can view all the videos that you have uploaded.
Find the Video:
- If you want to take down a TikTok video, scroll through your profile until you find the video you wish to delete. Once you have located the video, tap it to open it.
Tap the Three Dots Menu:
- In the lower-right corner of the video screen, you’ll see three dots (ellipses) that you need to tap in order to access more options in the menu.
- You will be presented with a menu containing a wide range of options. Click on the “Delete” option to begin the process of removing the video. # How To Take Down a TikTok Video?
- Depending on the device that you have, TikTok will ask you if you wish to confirm whether you would like to delete the video. Tap “Confirm” or a similar option to confirm.
- Upon confirmation, TikTok will remove the video from your profile, which means that it will no longer be visible to other users, once it has been removed.
Verify Video Removal:
- You can go back to your profile to make sure you have successfully taken down the video, and then check to see that it has gone off the list of videos on your profile.
Different Ways of Deleting a TikTok Video
The process of deleting a video on TikTok can be done either when you are editing the video or after it has been uploaded.
We’ll look at both methods, and let’s see how they work. # Deleting a TikTok Video
Delete TikTok Video You Have Posted Using the TikTok Website
The best way to remove a video posted by you on the TikTok website is to use a wifi-connected laptop if you have left your smartphone at home and have left your laptop behind.
Please follow these steps in order to take down the video you have posted:
- Launch the TikTok website.
- In the top right corner, sign in and click on the profile icon.
- Click on “View profile.”
- To remove a video, open it.
- Click “Delete” after hovering over the three dots in the top right corner.
- Once you have confirmed the deletion, click “Delete” again.
Before deleting videos, make sure you want to do so. All of these deletion methods are irreversible.
Delete TikTok Video You Have Posted Using the Mobile App
If you want to take down the TikTok video you have already posted, you can use this method.
Posting the video may seem like a permanent action, but regardless of its privacy status, whether it is ‘Only me,’ ‘Friends,’ ‘Followers,’ or ‘Public’, or how many likes, comments, or views it has received, you can delete it at any time.
Here’s what we need to know:
- Download TikTok to your smartphone and launch it.
- In the bottom right corner, click the “Profile” tab.
- To remove a TikTok, open it.
- Right on the screen, tap the three dots.
- Click ‘Delete’ on the spot.
- Make sure you tap ‘Delete’ again to confirm your decision.
You can delete any video you’ve posted following these steps, regardless of how many views it has or its popularity.
Delete a TikTok Video While Editing
It is common to stop a TikTok video at half-way or even remove the draft entirely when you are recording a TikTok video.
Usually, if you start over, you can click on the ‘<‘ icon in the top-left corner to redo the last shot.
As an alternative, if you wish to completely delete the video, you can do so in the following manner:
- Open the edited video on TikTok.
- Instead of recording further or clicking on ‘Next,’ click on the ‘<‘ arrow on the top left until you can see an ‘x’ icon.
- Press ‘X’ to close.
- Make a choice between ‘Start over’ and ‘Discard.’
After following these steps, TikTok will take down your video immediately.
How To Get Someone TikTok Taken Down?
We can use this knowledge to help TikTok’s moderation system work in our favor now that we know a little about it.
It is important to be aware of TikTok’s terms and conditions, because the video will only be removed if it violates them. # Get Someone TikTok Taken Down
- Download TikTok to your smartphone and launch it.
- Select the video you wish to remove.
- Press and hold the video for a long time.
- Please select “Report” and complete the provided form.
In order to complete this process, you must ensure that you intend to have the video taken down.
If the video does not include the complaint, TikTok will not accept your request for removal.
However, if the video does, TikTok will be able to remove the account as well. # Get Someone TikTok Taken Down
Following that, you will be prompted to choose the reason for reporting the video – which rule you think it violates.
With the ability to remove TikTok videos at your fingertips, you now have the power to curate your content.
Moreover, you must ensure that your online presence aligns with your evolving interests and values and ensures your online presence is consistent with your evolving interests and values.
You should know how to take down TikTok videos in order to improve your personal brand, address privacy concerns, or simply tidy up your TikTok profile. Knowing this is a valuable skill for any user.