How to Repost a Reel on Instagram? You can share entertaining or informative videos you think your audience will enjoy by reposting a Reel on Instagram.
You can amplify content you admire while credited to the original creator.
Since Instagram does not offer an official “Repost” button for Reels like it does for regular posts, the process is not as straightforward as clicking a “Repost” button.
The steps and best practices for reposting a Reel on Instagram will be covered in this blog.
This guide will help you unlock the secrets of successful reposting, whether you are an influencer or an Instagram user who wants to curate content.
It’s easy to post your reel, just upload it from your gallery and make any edits you want. If you saved it as a draft before, you could repost it using it.
When scrolling through Instagram, you might come across a reel you like and want to repost it.
If you choose to use Instagram, you must use third-party software. # How to Repost a Reel on Instagram?
You can take advantage of apps like Repost for Instagram to make the process easier.
The purpose of this article is to help you understand all the steps you need to take to repost a reel on Instagram, as well as the tools you can use outside of the app to optimize your results.
Can you repost Reels on Instagram?
Reposting others’ content on your Instagram handle is fine, but make sure you obtain permission from the original poster before doing so. # repost Reels on Instagram
The following methods can be used to seek approval:
- In this case, try sending another direct message. If the poster is an Instagram influencer or celebrity, they likely won’t respond.
- Adding a comment will create a reason for us to talk. You can ask for permission here.
- Reach out to the original publisher by email. You’ll have a better chance of getting approval with this approach.
It is not necessary to seek permission from the original poster if they tagged you in their post.
You can share it on your feed or stories without seeking their permission. # repost Reels on Instagram
How To Repost a Reel On Instagram?
Depending on whether you created the Instagram reel originally, you can repost an Instagram reel in its entirety in one of two ways. # How to Repost a Reel on Instagram?
Reposting Your Own Reels
A straightforward method can be used to repost content you have saved as reels on your device.
- Using an Android or iOS smartphone, open the Instagram app.
- Click the plus “+” sign at the top right corner of the screen.
- Among the available options, choose “Reel.”.
- It might be necessary to upload the video again if you edited it with specific filters, effects, or stickers.
- Your Instagram account should be updated with the reel.
Reposting your reel resets all the views, captions, and comments, but it may reappear on the feeds of those who liked it.
Reposing Someone Else’s Reel
Although you cannot repost someone else’s Instagram reel directly through your account, you can obtain the original reel by using third-party software such as Repost for Instagram.
Reposting someone else’s reel through your Instagram account is as simple as this:
- Using the sharing options at the bottom of the screen, copy the URL of the reel in question.
- Copy the URL and paste it into the dialogue box in the middle of the screen of the Repost for Instagram app.
- Just below it is a button that you can tap.
- Here you can edit the reels as you wish. Furthermore, you can transfer the caption to the reel as is.
- Select “Post to reels” at the bottom of the screen when you’ve completed your settings.
In addition to publishing the reel through Instagram, the app provides a new URL that you can use to share it through DMs and other social media channels. # How to Repost a Reel on Instagram?
Steps for using the screenshot method are as follows:
- If you’re interested in a certain photo, take a screenshot.
- Tap “New Post” in your Instagram account
- Choose “Post” from the available content formats: Post, Story, Reel, and Live.
- From your files, choose the image you want to use.
- Edit the image by cropping it, adding filters, and editing it to your liking.
- Ensure that the original poster of the image is credited by using a caption and tagging them.
- Share the post with your friends.
Use one of the following third-party apps if you want reliable results:
- Using Instagram as a re-post
- Sepia Software LLC’s Instagram repost (for Instagram)
- Share it again. # How to Repost a Reel on Instagram?
- A repost on Instagram
How to repost a Reel to your Instagram feed
Step 1: Download a repost app
It’s not like sharing something on another platform. Instagram doesn’t have a share button, so you’ll need another app to repost someone else’s Reel.
Repost is a free app that allows you to share your posts on social media. # repost a Reel to your Instagram feed
There are many other free apps available, including Repost for Instagram (iOS only), Reposta for Android, and many more.
Check out recent ratings and reviews to help you choose which app is right for you.
Step 2: Copy the link to the Reel
Simply paste the web address of the reel you want to repost into your Instagram profile or if you’re browsing Instagram on the web, find the reel you want to repost and copy the link to it.
You can copy the link by tapping the 3 dots on the right side of the app, then clicking Link.
Step 3: Paste the Reel link
You may have to manually paste the link into the reposting app after you copy it to your clipboard.
Many reposting apps will grab it automatically once you open them, but others may ask you to manually paste it. # repost a Reel to your Instagram feed
Step 4: Create a caption
It is possible to either repost the original caption or replace it with your own with most reposting apps.
The attribution settings should also be chosen.
In Repost for Instagram, I can select whether the attribution should be in a corner and whether there should be a black or white background.
You can then tap Repost (or the equivalent button in your app) and Feed to share it to your Instagram grid. # repost a Reel to your Instagram feed
Why can’t I share someone’s reel to my Instagram stories?
The ability to share Reels to Instagram Stories was primarily limited to sharing your own content because Instagram did not have a built-in feature to allow people to directly share others’ Reels.
During the time since I last updated this post, Instagram’s features and capabilities may have changed or been added to the platform. # Instagram stories
To check if sharing someone else’s Reel to your Story is now possible, follow these steps:
1. Open Instagram:
- Get the Instagram app for your mobile device and launch it.
2. Find the Reel:
- Locate the Reel you would like to include in your Story.
3. Look for the Share Button:
- Under the Reel post, touch the paper airplane icon (the share button).
4. Check for “Add Post to Your Story” Option:
- You can share Reels to your Story by tapping the “Add Post to Your Story” option on Instagram.
There are a number of factors that can influence the features of Instagram, including your location, your type of account (personal or business), and whether you are using the latest version.
To give credit to the original creator for the Reel, you can still create a Story post separately and mention or tag him or her.
When sharing content on Instagram, always respect the copyright and privacy policies. # Instagram stories
You can engage with your audience in a meaningful way by reposting Reels on Instagram not only to show your appreciation for creative content but also to promote your own content.
You’ve learned how to share Reels seamlessly while giving credit to the creators by following the steps outlined in this guide.
In order to foster a positive and collaborative Instagram community, it is important to repost in a respectful and ethical manner.
Be sure to ask for permission when necessary, give credit to the creators, and amplify outstanding content that resonates with your audience.