How To Remove SMS From Facebook Messenger? From its earliest days as a simple chat platform, Facebook Messenger has come a long way.
It’s no longer just a place for text-based conversations, but also a hub for all kinds of messaging, including SMS.
For various reasons, you might want to remove SMS messages from Messenger, even though having all your messages in one place is convenient.
The ability to do this is handy for a variety of reasons, whether you want to keep your conversations private, declutter, or simply keep them organized.
You will learn how to remove SMS messages from Facebook Messenger in this blog post.
We will explain the steps you need to take, both on your mobile device and desktop, to tidy up your Messenger app and handle your messages more efficiently.
Keeping your Messenger inbox clean and organized by removing SMS messages when necessary is a great way to keep your inbox clean and organized. # How To Remove SMS From Facebook Messenger?
In Facebook Messenger, users can chat, send videos, and even send photos, connecting to the associated Facebook account’s database.
Facebook Messenger requires that you have a Facebook account that is logged into.
To use it, you need to download Facebook Messenger (Android / iOS) and then sign in using your Facebook credentials.
How To Remove SMS From Facebook Messenger?
During the update, Facebook Messenger users were required to set Facebook Messenger as their default messaging app when it was updated to allow SMS to be sent and received.
Facebook Messenger displays your chat threads as a messaging app, so you can use it as a messaging app as well.
In case you already have this situation, you can disable the Facebook Messenger SMS feature by following the steps below.
- Go to your phone’s App Store and download Facebook Messenger.
- At the top left corner, you will find a three-line icon.
- To send an SMS, click the SMS icon.
- It is likely that the toggle button for SMS is set to “ON”. Click to change it to “OFF”.
- Choose the phone’s default messaging app if you’re prompted to select another app.
In addition to disabling the SMS feature on Facebook Messenger, you can set the default SMS app in settings. Follow these steps:
- Go to your Android’s Settings.
- Go to the “Apps” section.
- Select “Default Apps” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the SMS app and the messaging app you prefer.
Your Facebook Messenger SMS feature has been disabled and a different SMS application has been set up for it.
How To Remove SMS From Facebook Messenger On Desktop?
Go to Messenger:
To use Messenger, log in to your Facebook account by visiting the Messenger website (messenger.com).
Open the Conversation:
Choose the conversation that contains the SMS messages you want to delete.
Archive the Conversation:
In the conversation window, click on the gear icon on the top left corner and select “Archive.”
Access Archived Conversations:
Select “Archived” from your profile picture in the top left corner to find archived conversations.
Permanently Delete SMS Messages:
When you hover over an SMS message, click the three dots on the right of the message to delete it.
Finally, click the three dots on the right side of the message to delete all messages within the archived conversation.
How To Remove SMS From Facebook Messenger On Mobile Devices?
Open Facebook Messenger:
Make sure you have the Messenger app installed on your Android or iOS device.
Access the Conversation:
The SMS messages you wish to remove can be found in the conversation that contains them.
Swipe to Archive:
You can archive the conversation by swiping it to the left on Android or to the right on iOS.
This will take the conversation from your main chat list, effectively removing it.
A confirmation message will appear. Confirm that you wish to archive the conversation.
Access the “More” Menu:
Your archived conversations can be accessed by tapping on your profile picture in the top left corner of the Messenger app and selecting “Archived Chats.”
Permanently Delete SMS Messages:
Now that you have archived the conversation, you can tap and hold on any SMS messages you want to remove.
A menu will appear, allowing you to delete those SMS messages.
How to Delete Messages on Facebook?
The following instructions show you how to delete Facebook messages on Facebook.com, which keeps all of your messages in your inbox until you decide to delete them.
- Click the Messenger button at the top right of the screen.
- You can see all messages in Messenger by selecting the See All button at the bottom of the window.
- Hover your cursor over the message you wish to delete in the center chat window to reveal three options.
- Click on the three vertical dots (More) and then click on Remove.
- Confirm the removal by clicking Remove in the popup box.
- Delete an entire conversation by hovering your cursor over the chat and selecting the three horizontal dots.
- By selecting Delete Chat from the dropdown menu, you will be able to delete the chat.
- Confirm the deletion of the chat by selecting Delete Chat.
How to Delete Messages on the Messenger App?
Taking screenshots from the iOS version will give you a better idea of how to delete messages on the Messenger app for iOS or Android.
- Delete an individual chat message by tapping the conversation to open it, then tapping and holding the message.
- Then tap the Remove button at the bottom.
- Confirm removal by tapping Remove for You.
- By tap and holding on a conversation in Messenger for Android, you can delete the entire conversation.
- Once you have confirmed deletion, tap Delete.
How to turn off SMS on Facebook Messenger samsung?
On Android devices, Facebook Messenger allows integration of SMS messages. The process may have evolved since then due to changes in features and options in apps.
The steps to turn off SMS integration in Facebook Messenger on a Samsung Android device are as follows:
Method 1: Disabling SMS Integration (For Older Versions of Messenger):
- Activate Facebook Messenger on your Samsung device by launching the Messenger app.
- In Messenger, tap on Your Profile Picture: You can find it in the upper left or upper right corners.
- If you scroll down to the bottom, you will find an option for SMS (or something similar). Tap it.
- If you want Facebook Messenger to stop managing your SMS messages, toggle SMS integration off.
The exact settings and names of options may vary depending on your version of Facebook Messenger.
If you can’t locate the SMS integration settings using this method, try the following:
Method 2: Reset Default SMS App (For Newer Android Versions):
- You can open the Samsung device settings by going to your device’s settings.
- If your device supports it, scroll down and select “Apps” (or “Applications” or “Application Manager”).
- Click on “Messenger.”: This will open the settings for Messenger.
- Select “Set as Default”: Tap the button that lets you set Messenger as your default SMS app.
- Choose a different SMS app to set as your default SMS app (e.g., Samsung Messages or Google Messages).
If you disable SMS integration in Facebook Messenger by setting another SMS app as the default, SMS integration will not be available to you.
Facebook Messenger can make managing your messages much simpler. When it comes to removing SMS messages from your messaging history, you may need to do so for privacy or organizational reasons.
You can declutter your Messenger app, maintain better privacy, and keep your conversations organized by following these steps.
We hope you are able to use this guide to remove SMS messages from Facebook Messenger on mobile and desktop platforms.