How To Post on Instagram Without Losing Quality? When I posted to Instagram from my desktop, I noticed that the image quality was significantly poorer than it had been when I uploaded it, resulting in less than favourable engagement for the blurred image.
As a result of my extensive research, I have been able to compile a few reasons as to why Instagram may be reducing your posts’ image quality.
If you upload directly from your PC, the image quality may be reduced for a number of reasons.
One of them is that you are not following Instagram’s maximum resolution guidelines, currently set at 1080 x 1350 pixels.
When an image exceeds the specified resolution, Instagram will make it smaller and may affect its quality.
Also, it is dependent on the format of the image you are using.
Image formats uploaded to Instagram are defaulted to JPEG (.jpg), which means that any image uploaded other than JPEG, such as PNG (.png), BITMAP (.bmp), will be converted to JPEG and as such will lose some of its quality during the process.
Reasons for Low Quality Instagram Posts
In general, Instagram posts with low resolution are caused by the following reasons:
>>> Load Time
It is necessary for Instagram to work on reducing the loading time of its app in order to keep its users happy, since it has millions of users using it every day for hours.
Instagram will follow the algorithm if the first two reasons result in a load time issue, reducing the quality of posts and prioritizing the user experience as a consequence.
>>> Max. Resolution
All Instagram posts have the same image size. Square posts are 1:1 with 1080x1080px, portrait posts are 4:5 with 1080x1350px, and landscape posts are 1.91:1 with 1080x566px.
Instagram will most likely reduce the quality of your posts if you do not follow this size guide and use larger files.
>>> File Format
You may want to consider changing the file format if you wish to post on Instagram without sacrificing quality.
The format of your image or video is also an important factor in determining the quality of your post.
You will lose the quality of your posts if you upload images in PNG, BITMAP, or other formats.
How To Post on Instagram Without Losing Quality
In order to ensure that your Instagram posts are of high quality, here are some ways in which you can do so:
>>> Check Camera Settings
A camera’s settings can also affect how to post on Instagram without losing quality.
If you can tweak your camera settings in order to obtain good-quality images or videos, you won’t have to worry about Instagram lowering the quality of your posts.
It is best to take the pictures in full resolution and then edit them later. While using your phone, use the stock camera.
If you use the Instagram app, the quality will be lower than your original camera
>>> Compress Videos Before Uploading
In order to prevent Instagram from reducing your video’s quality, you should compress it yourself.
Without compressing your video, you are not able to upload high-quality images. Different software products can help you compress your video and maintain your desired quality.
The length of your in-feed videos can be maintained by uploading them as IGTV if they are longer than 60 seconds to maintain the quality.
You have the option of using IGTV to maintain the high quality of your videos, even if they are short videos.
Additionally, IGTV uploads can be made by adding blank footage or looping the video.
>>> Follow the Guidelines
Instagram will not mess up the quality of your images if they follow the standard guidelines. Understanding the guidelines will keep your images or videos in top condition.
Therefore, we recommend that you download the most recent version of the app and upload images that meet the 1080px guidelines for all formats (square, portrait, and landscape).
If you upload anything above or below that quality, your image or video will appear blurry or pixelated.
You should also avoid using music on Instagram stories. Due to the increased file size, Instagram will have no choice but to reduce the quality of your image or video.
Guidelines for Story
- 30 frames per second
- The aspect ratio is 9:16 (Portrait)
- A minimum resolution of 720×1280 pixels is required
- Recommended: 1080x1920px
Guidelines for In-feed
- Maximum file size is four gigabytes
- The duration of the video should not exceed 60 seconds
- Frame rate: maximum 30 frames per second
- Aspect Ratio: Square (1:1), Landscape (1.91:1), Portrait (4:5)
- There are three minimum resolutions that need to be met: 600x600px (square), 600x315px (landscape), and 600x750px (portrait).
Guidelines for IGTV
- Size of the file: 3.6 GB
- Approximately 60 minutes in length
- Aspect Ratio: Portrait (9:16)
- A minimum resolution of 600×1067 pixels is required
- Recommended: 1080x1920px
- 650 MB (short videos) is the maximum size (short videos)
>>> Transfer with Care
It is important to consider the file transfer when thinking about how to post on Instagram without losing quality.
Images and videos sometimes become compressed when they are transferred from one device to another during the transfer process.
AirDrop is the best option for Mac and iPhone users, while Dropbox and Google Drive can also be used.
If you are moving files from your PC to your smartphone, ensure that they are not compressed.
The images are compressed when they are sent using WhatsApp. Therefore, if you have to send them using WhatsApp, it is recommended that you do so as documents.
How do I change the upload quality on Instagram?
The following steps will guide you through the process of changing the upload quality on Instagram:
- Go to your profile on Instagram by opening the app on your device.
- To open the menu, tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the menu at the bottom.
- Select “Cellular Data Use” from the “Account” section.
- You will find two options under the “Cellular Data Use” menu: “Use Less Data” and “High-Quality Image Uploads.” If you wish to conserve data usage, select “Use Less Data,” which will result in reduced image quality.
- Select “High-Quality Image Uploads” if you wish to upload higher quality photos and videos.
You should be aware that if you select the “High-Quality Image Uploads” option, your photos and videos may take longer to upload, especially if your Internet connection is slow. #upload quality on Instagram
Furthermore, Instagram may compress your images and videos, regardless of the quality you select, to save storage space and bandwidth on its servers. #upload quality on Instagram
Your images and videos may still be compressed even if you select “High-Quality Image Uploads.”
Why is my upload quality so bad on Instagram?
You may be experiencing poor upload quality on Instagram for a number of reasons.
Here are a few possible reasons:
- Images and videos are automatically compressed by Instagram in order to reduce the file size and save storage space on its servers. This compression can result in a loss of quality and sharpness.
- Your upload quality may be affected by a slow or unstable internet connection. The upload process can be lengthy if your internet connection is slow, and if your connection drops, the upload may have a negative impact on the overall quality.
- Approximately 100MB of file size is allowed for videos on Instagram, and 30MB of file size is allowed for photos. If your file size exceeds these limits, Instagram will compress the file automatically, resulting in a loss of quality.
- This may decrease the overall quality of the image, particularly if important parts of the image are cropped off. Instagram crops all photos into a square format, so parts of an original photo may be cropped off.
- If your camera settings are not optimized or if you are using a low-quality camera, the result will likely be a blurry or low-quality image or video.
In order to enhance the quality of your Instagram uploads, you should use a high-quality camera, optimize your camera settings, and ensure that your uploads are within Instagram’s size limits.
You can also experiment with different upload options in the Instagram app, including the “High-Quality Image Uploads” option and uploading via Wi-Fi instead of cellular data.
How do you post 4K on Instagram?
Despite Instagram’s support for 4K videos, uploading 4K content can be a bit challenging.
Here are the steps to upload 4K videos to the platform:
- First, ensure that your video has a 4K resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels).
- The maximum file size that Instagram allows for video uploads is 100MB. Use a video editing tool to compress the video file size to under 100MB.
- You can create a new post by opening the Instagram app and tapping the “+” icon.
- You may upload a video by selecting it.
- At the bottom of the screen, click the “Advanced Settings” button before sharing your post.
- Turn on the toggle for “High-Quality Uploads” so that your video will be uploaded at the highest quality possible.
- To upload your video, click on the “Share” button.
While Instagram supports 4K resolution for videos, it is important to note that the platform still compresses videos in order to optimize mobile data consumption. # post 4K on Instagram
As a consequence, even if your video is in 4K, its final output may not be as high quality as the original. However, if you use the “High-Quality Uploads” option, your video will be preserved at its best.
The Instagram app allows you to share your experiences and promotions with your followers.
Having high-quality posts is essential whether you are maintaining a personal or business Instagram account. # post 4K on Instagram
As you read this post, you will be able to understand how to post on Instagram without losing quality. As a result, instead of getting discouraged by low engagement, try these methods and upload better Instagram posts instead.