How To Uninstall Valorant? It is a fun game you might want to take a look at if you are looking for something that has a similar gameplay to CS:GO with the abilities and mastery mechanics of a game like Overwatch.
As a result, along with the length of the games (20+ minute rounds on occasion), Valorant can turn many players away from this game. Furthermore, the game requires players to run a somewhat intrusive program called Vanguard in order to run, which some players don’t trust.
As a result, once Valorant and Vanguard have been installed and you’re ready to uninstall them, it can be a bit of a headache. It’s not as straightforward as clicking the Uninstall.exe like you would with most games. It involves following a series of steps that needs to be followed in order.
Reasons why you need to remove Valorant?
In a relatively short period of time, Valorant has gained the attention of a lot of gamers due to its competitive nature. Although there are a lot of users who are signing-up for this game every day, a lot of users are also searching for ways to uninstall Valorant from Windows.
In spite of the fact that the reasons for this decision can vary from person to person, there are, however, a few common ones among gamers who wish to remove Valorant from their computers.
- A flawed update: As with any other game, the Valorant also downloads and installs its updates on a regular basis, but it is commonly seen that some updates are filled with bugs, which forces users to reinstall the game. In cases where the same thing happens several times, users decide to remove Valorant from their computers.
- A Game With Slow Pacing: The players of FPS games are used to playing fast-paced games such as Overwatch or Call of Duty. Valorant, on the other hand, doesn’t match the pace of other games in its category and this is one of the main reasons why gamers want to remove Valorant from their computers completely.
I am not sure if the above-mentioned reasons apply to your case or not. In either case, we can help you to get rid of Valorant from Windows without any problem. In the following section, we will describe in detail the full removal process for getting rid of Valorant completely from your system. # How To Uninstall Valorant?
How To Uninstall Valorant?
There is a key point here that needs to be understood: You need to uninstall Vanguard before you can uninstall Valorant. If you don’t uninstall Vanguard first, it’s highly likely that you’ll encounter a Windows error when you attempt to uninstall Valorant. Moreover, when you uninstall Valorant, you do not automatically uninstall Vanguard either.
Please make sure that you exit Vanguard from the task tray in the bottom right corner of your computer before trying to install it. Go to the task tray, right click on the red Vanguard icon, and then click on “Exit Vanguard” from the menu that appears.
Take the following steps to fully uninstall Valorant:
- Go to the bottom right corner of your screen and open up your System Tray
- When you click on the red Vanguard logo on the right side of your screen, you can choose to “Exit Vanguard”.
- Vanguard can be uninstalled using the uninstaller provided by Vanguard
- Go to the “Program Files” folder on your PC
- Go to the “Riot Vanguard” folder and open it
- From the list of files, double-click “Uninstall.exe” to run it
- Uninstall Valorant
- Use Windows’ search bar to find “Add or Remove Programs”.
- Search for “Add or Remove Programs” and click on it
- Click “Uninstall” next to “Valorant” in the list of programs
As a result, if you try to remove Valorant without first uninstalling Vanguard, you will undoubtedly encounter a Windows error. Additionally, uninstalling Valorant does not automatically remove Vanguard. # How To Uninstall Valorant?
If you are having trouble installing Vanguard, make sure to close Vanguard from the Task tray in the bottom right corner of Windows before attempting to install it. To do this, simply right click the red Vanguard icon in the task tray, select “Exit Vanguard” from the menu that appears.
There is almost always a Vanguard on your boot drive. This is the drive where the game is installed. That’s usually the C drive. Riot Vanguard is located in Program Files > Riot Vanguard on this drive. It’s necessary for the anti-cheat program to function, which is on the boot drive.
How to Reinstall Valorant?
If you wish to reinstall Valorant, you simply need to visit the Valorant website, sign in to your Riot Games account, and download the Installer from the website.
You will need to launch the installer as you would if you were installing the game. It will automatically download Vanguard for you once you launch it, as it did when you first installed the game. # How to Reinstall Valorant?
The installation process of Valorant does not require any special steps on your part and you can simply download it once again, run the installation, and then Valorant will automatically be installed after that.
Vanguard will not launch unless your computer is reset, and once the Valorant Client has started, you will probably have to download and install an update in order to make it work properly.
After you have uninstalled Valorant, you should make sure that all local Valorant files have been removed from your computer if you are planning to reinstall Valorant from scratch without any of the previous settings. # How To Uninstall Valorant?
Upon re-installation, only the video settings will be restored, so keep that in mind. Your crosshair, sensitivity, and other settings will, however, not be reset since they are all linked to your account, so be aware of that when re-installing. # How to Uninstall Valorant from Windows?
How to Uninstall Valorant from Windows?
Valorant can be removed from Windows in two steps. The reason for this is that Valorant comes with a built-in anti-cheat detection system, known as Vanguard. It is essential that you first uninstall Vanguard before you can completely uninstall Valorant.
In order to obtain the desired results, you will need to read the steps in their correct order in order to get the full results. Please read them carefully and follow them in the correct order to get the desired results.
1. How To Uninstall Riot Vanguard?
In addition to the custom security software created by Riot Games, which is called Riot Vanguard, Riot Games also has the kernel mode driver necessary to ensure that the game works properly when it is being played as a client when the Valorant game is being played. In order for you to be able to remove Valorant from Windows, you should first uninstall Riot Vanguard. You can do this by following these steps:
- If you type ‘control panel’ into the search box and click the result that appears in the search results, you will see the Control Panel.
- Select the ‘Uninstall a program’ option in the Control Panel under the Programs section of the Control Panel.
- Then select the ‘Riot Vanguard’ from the list of programs and click on the ‘Uninstall’ button when the Programs list is displayed.
- In order to confirm your decision, please click on the ‘Yes’ button.
- To restart your computer, click on the ‘Start’ button, choose ‘Power’ and click on ‘Restart’ to choose a restart option.
Now that you have successfully uninstalled Riot Vanguard from your computer, you can go ahead and remove Valorant from your computer in a similar way.
2. How To Uninstall Valorant?
As a first step in removing Valorant from Windows, you must uninstall the game from your computer, and then you must remove all the folders created by Riot Games on your computer in order to do so completely. In order to be certain that all traces of the Valorant game will be completely removed from your computer, you will need to follow this removal process.
- Type ‘control panel’ in the search box, then select the ‘Control Panel’ app.
- To uninstall a program, go to the Control Panel and click ‘Uninstall a program’.
- Choose ‘VALORANT’ from the list of programs, and then click ‘Uninstall.’
- The program will be uninstalled once it has completed.
- To complete the uninstall process, click the ‘Done’ button.
- Right-click the ‘Riot Games’ folder in File Explorer and choose ‘Delete’ from the options that appear.
- When the search results appear, type ‘run’ into the search box. Click the ‘Run’ option.
- Type ‘appdata’ in the Run window and click ‘OK’.
- You can delete the ‘Riot Games’ folder from the AppData folder by right clicking it and choosing ‘Delete’.
- Click the ‘VALORANT’ folder, then choose the ‘Delete’ option from the menu.
- You can restart your computer by clicking the ‘Start’ button, selecting the ‘Power’ option, then clicking ‘Restart’.
How Long Does It Take To Re-Install Valorant?
As long as you have a good internet connection and a good computer, you will most likely need about 20-30 minutes to reinstall Valorant. Once you have installed Vanguard successfully on your PC, you will have to reboot it again. You will also need to patch the game, which depends on the speed at which you download it.
If you have very slow internet connection (1 or 2 Mbps or lower), this will extend the wait period even further. In all likelihood, you will still only be looking at about a 30 minute wait time. If you have a very slow internet connection (1 or 2 Mbps or lower), this will extend the wait time significantly. # How To Uninstall Valorant?
Is Vanguard A Spyware?
While Vanguard is not spyware, its behavior does appear similar to spyware. It is important to note that Vanguard runs on a Ring 0 of the kernel (Windows cannot add programs to Ring 0 after boot). This means that it could potentially be able to observe everything that you do. Riot could take advantage of this if they had bad intentions.
Anti-cheat software often comes with kernel access; it’s pretty common for anti-cheat software to have access to the kernel. The thing that sets Vanguard apart from the rest is that it has access to Ring 0, and it needs to be running the whole time it’s running. # How To Uninstall Valorant?
Ultimately, it comes down to trusting Riot Games to not do anything malicious with these software programs. Additionally, if an expert hacker was able to breach Vanguard, they would also be able to access your computer as well.
Does Re-Installing Valorant Increase FPS?
If something has been installed incorrectly when you uninstall Valorant, you will probably not be able to improve your FPS. If you are experiencing difficulties with your FPS, you can go to the properties of your Valorant.exe file, go to the Compatibility Settings, and disable Full Screen Optimization. After that, launch Valorant and press f11 twice.
In the past few months, many players noticed an issue with Valorant FPS and attempted to reinstall the game, but this did not solve the problem. The trick above, however, has worked for many players. Pressing F11 toggles between Windowed and Full Screen mode. When we disable Full Screen Optimization, we want to put the game into Windowed Mode, then back to Full Screen mode.
Although no one is entirely sure why this works, but it does for many, so if you’re having trouble with FPS and you’re sure your computer is capable of handling the game, you might want to give this trick a try.