How To Turn Off Location on Instagram? Your location must have been permitted by you when you set up Instagram. In order to do so, you will need to access your phone’s settings app and go to “Applications”.
You will then be able to choose Instagram from the list, click on the permissions button, and then turn off the location access option. It is possible to turn off location on Instagram by denying Instagram access to your phone location.
It’s no secret that Instagram keeps track of its users’ location information for a variety of reasons, such as enhancing the user experience and displaying more relevant advertisements.
You’ve probably noticed that most of the Instagram ads are relevant to your region, and this is because Instagram has access to your location. # How To Turn Off Location on Instagram?
Should Instagram Have Access to My Location?
In addition to this, your location determines the type of advertising you will see on your Instagram, which is a crucial reason why Instagram requests to be able to access your location.
Instagram uses your location to customize the kind of advertising you see on your Instagram, which is another crucial reason why Instagram requires to access your location.
It can often feel like Instagram is stalking you when they are accessing your location. As a result, you can choose on your Android or iOS device to disable the location feature if you do not want Instagram to access your location.
In spite of this, there are some benefits to location access. # How To Turn Off Location on Instagram?
The turns off location access may seem like a good idea on one hand, but on the other hand, turning off location access could be detrimental for someone who loves sharing their location via posts and Instagram stories.
Furthermore, you will begin to receive random ads instead of those that are location-specific.
How To Turn Off Location on Instagram?
If you wish to turn off your Instagram location, you can do so using the app on your phone. Follow the steps below to learn how.
- Ensure that your Instagram app is closed.
- Go to the settings app on your iPhone.
- Click on “Privacy”.
- To find out more about location services, click “Location Services”.
- By toggling off the “Location Services”, you can disable the location.
- You can turn it off by clicking the “Turn Off” button in the prompt.
By selecting this option, all your iPhone apps will no longer use location services.
Once you have clicked on “Location Services”, scroll down and tap on Instagram to only turn off the location for Instagram, then click on “Location Services” again.
To control Instagram accessing your phone’s location services, simply choose the option that works best for you, either set it to “Never” or “When Using the App”. That way, you will be able to control whether Instagram is able to access your location services or not.
It is different when you are using Android to deny Instagram access to your location than when you are using iPhone.
Please follow the steps below in order to complete the process:
- Go to your phone’s settings
- In the “App management” section, click on “App list”.
- Go to Instagram and click on it.
- Go to “Permissions” and select it.
- Click the “Location” option to turn it off.
Once you’ve done that, Instagram will no longer be able to access your location. # How To Turn Off Location on Instagram?
How to turn off location on Instagram on Samsung?
On a Samsung device, you can turn off Instagram’s location by following these steps:
- You can access Instagram by opening the app and logging in.
- Go to your profile page by tapping on your profile icon.
- The menu can be accessed by tapping on the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Settings.”
- Select “Privacy and Security.”
- You will find “Location Services” after you tap on it.
- Turn off “Location Services” by toggling the switch.
By doing this, Instagram will not use your location services and you won’t be able to tag your Instagram posts with their locations. # How To Turn Off Location on Instagram?
How To Remove Location from Older Instagram Posts?
It’s not possible to remove Instagram location from your posts by turning off location on Instagram. However, you can edit each post individually and remove Instagram location if you wish.
The following steps should be followed:
- Go to Instagram and sign in.
- Locate the post from which you want the location tag removed.
- Your location and name can be accessed by tapping the three dots.
- The “Edit” option will appear.
- Below your username, you’ll see the location. Tap it to find out more.
- To remove your location from the post, click the “X” icon at the top.
Here is how you can remove the location from the published post. If you wish to do this for all your Instagram posts, you will have to repeat the same steps. # How To Turn Off Location on Instagram?
How to turn off precise location on Instagram iPhone?
As you may know, Instagram’s precise location feature uses your device’s GPS, Bluetooth, and other location technologies to determine the exact location of your location.
Besides using this information for tagging your posts with the location where they were taken, it also helps Instagram personalize your experience by showing you relevant content and recommendations based on your location, which can help you stay on top of your game.
You can follow the steps below if you want to disable the precise location feature on Instagram on an iPhone:
- On your iPhone, open the “Settings” app.
- Go to “Privacy.” and tap it.
- Click the “Location Services” button.
- Tap “Instagram” after scrolling down.
- To turn off Instagram’s precise location, tap “Never.”.
Instagram will no longer include your location when you post – your posts will no longer include the location where they were taken. When you turn off precise location on your iPhone, its location tagging will also be turned off.
Instagram location access has been discussed and how enabling or disabling the feature can help you. # How To Turn Off Location on Instagram?
As well as turning off location for published posts on Instagram for Android and iPhone, we’ve seen how to do it. # How To Turn Off Location on Instagram?