How To Reset My Messenger Password Without Email? Whenever it comes to social media, there is no doubt in my mind that Facebook is the most dominant player. It would be fair to say that the social media giant has over 5 billion monthly active users this year, which makes it one of the world’s biggest social networks.
Besides Instagram, Facebook also owns Messenger, which is the defacto texting app of the year along with WhatsApp, which is also owned by Facebook, which has become the biggest image-sharing platform in the world with over billions of active users, as well as Facebook’s own WhatsApp, which also owns other apps like Facebook Messenger.
The Social Network was even made into a movie, which won three different Oscars, including one for best animated film. How To Reset My Messenger Password Without Email?
There are over 1.3 billion users of Facebook Messenger in the world today, and it has millions of users using it daily. This is an impressive number that keeps on rising and rising, and it just doesn’t seem to stop.
As a result of the app’s popularity, Facebook decided to separate Messenger from the rest of the Facebook app in order to give it a fresh start. How To Reset My Messenger Password Without Email?
In fact, it’s very likely that if you lost your Messenger password and couldn’t access your account because so many people are using Messenger, what do you do if you lost your Messenger password and couldn’t access your account?
Ways to Reset Your Messenger Password Without Email
As a matter of fact, if you want to reset your password without an email, there’s only one possible way to do so, which is to use your phone number. This number can be the number you used to create your account, or perhaps it’s one you added later on.
Regardless of which way you choose to go, in order for this method to work, you must provide your phone number to Facebook and confirm that number. How To Reset My Messenger Password Without Email?
How to Reset Messenger Password with Phone Number?
There is a common misconception that you are able to reset the password of your messenger by using your phone number. It is easier to set up a new email account than it is to set up a new account on the web. The following steps will guide you through the process of resetting your messenger password with your phone number.
- Go to Facebook’s login page and log in.
- Click on ‘Forgot password’.
- Enter your phone number here.
- Click the Next button.
- Search results should include your account. The same number will show up for different accounts if you used it for more than one.
- To reset an account, select it from the list.
- The Facebook app will ask if you would like to receive SMS messages on your phone.
- The Reset code must be entered.
- In order to prevent someone from accessing your password while using other devices, Facebook now allows you to log out or stay logged in.
- Tap on Next once you’ve entered your new password.
You can check whether you added the phone number or not by following these steps if you’re unsure. Or maybe you have multiple numbers that you’re not sure which one you used.
- Go to the login page on Facebook and log in.
- Click on ‘Forgot password’.
- You will be asked to provide a phone number or email account on the next screen.
- Please enter your phone number since you do not have your email address.
- Next, tap it.
- Your account will appear if you entered the correct number.
How to Change My Facebook Messenger Password?
You can change the password for Facebook Messenger by following these steps. How To Reset My Messenger Password Without Email?
- Open the Messenger program.
- Click on your profile in the top left corner.
- On the Account settings page, scroll down and tap it.
- Login by tapping on Security.
- Change your password by tapping on it.
- Please enter both your current and new passwords.
- Changes can be saved by tapping Save changes.
Can I Use Messenger with a Deactivated Facebook Account?
If you are going to deactivate your Facebook account, you can still use Messenger even if you have a Facebook account. However, you will need a Facebook account to be able to activate Messenger. If you do not have a Facebook account, you cannot use Messenger.
I am happy to report that this doesn’t mean that you cannot sign up for a Facebook account and be able to access Messenger, but you can then deactivate your Facebook account. The company calls this DEMA, or Deactivated Except Messenger Account.
In order to use the application, you will need to update your old Messenger-Only account so that it is a DEMA account. You will have to get this updated until your account is a DEMA account.
There are a variety of Facebook tips you can read here, many of which will be useful to you. If you want read more Facebook tips like these, then be sure to check out our Facebook category today!
How to Recover My Messenger Account?
In order to recover your Messenger account, all you need to do is either download the Messenger App for Android or go to the Messenger website at www.messenger.com to do so.
It is possible to log in to the app or website using the same email address and password that you use on Facebook, and all your Messenger data, including your Friends and recent conversations, will be available.
You will only see the option to choose ‘Continue as (Facebook Username)’ if you are already signed into your Facebook account. Once you click on it, you will immediately be able to access the Messenger app or website on your device.
You can use Messenger to communicate with people across multiple platforms, which means that you can use it to chat with people on Facebook and Instagram. # How To Reset My Messenger Password Without Email?
You will be able to see active and archived chats within the app. You will also be able to send message requests through the app.
How to Reset Facebook Password on the Desktop?
It is common for users to keep their Facebook accounts logged in on their computers and mobile devices to make it easier for them to access the social media site. However, if you are inadvertently logged out, you may not recall your Facebook password. You can’t recover your password because Facebook doesn’t know it, but you can reset it.
Here’s what to do from Facebook on the desktop in a browser:
1. In case that you’re using a device that’s recently logged in to your Facebook account, Facebook may save you from the hassle by providing you with Recent Logins. If you see the profile of your account, you can select it to automatically log in to your account.
2. Navigate to the Facebook Find Your Account page if you are on a new device, or if Facebook doesn’t remember your last login if you are using a new device.
3. You may fill in your email address, phone number, complete name, or username. Then, click “Search the site” and your search will begin.
4. It is not necessary to enter your email address or phone number. If your email address or phone number matches Facebook’s database, choose how you want your password reset code to be sent to you and click the Continue button.
5. The options for receiving your code by text and email are available if you have registered both a phone number and an email with Facebook. If you have registered only an email with Facebook, you have only one option available to you.
6. In the case that you typed a name in the search field, Facebook will show you a set of results that match your search term. If you find your profile picture, select This Is My Account, and if you don’t see it, select I am Not in This List.
7. As long as you have selected your account, you will be prompted to choose how you would like to receive your password reset code. Choose Continue when you are finished.
8. Facebook cannot verify your identity if you find your account, but do not have access to your account’s phone number or email address you used to set it up. If you do not have access to your account’s email address, Facebook cannot verify your account.
9. Once you have found your account and selected a method for receiving a reset code, enter the security code that you received and choose Continue. When you have entered the security code that you received and selected Continue, you will be taken to your account.
10. Once you have entered the new password and selected Continue, you will now be able to access your account.
There is a warning displayed on Facebook, advising you to log out of other devices in case someone else has access to your old password. You can choose either Log out of other devices or Stay logged in, then select Continue. It’s time to get back into your account and share and like your favorite stuff.