How to reset My Apple ID password? If you lose your Apple ID password, you will be losing access to a lot of important data and personal information that you have saved on your Apple devices. If you lose your Apple ID password, you will lose access to your valuable data storage.
It certainly can be annoying if you’re locked out of your account, especially when you’re trying to download a new app or accomplish a task. Passwords provide us with privacy and security, but they can also be a major pain if you’re locked out of your account.
Fortunately, there are a number of ways in which you can re-set your Apple ID password. We’ll show you how you can re-set your Apple ID password so you can put this inconvenience aside and get back to your everyday life. # How to reset My Apple ID password?
How to reset My password on Apple ID account page?
In order to reset your Apple ID password, you can log into your Apple ID account page and follow the steps provided there. # How to reset My Apple ID password?
1. If you are not familiar with Apple ID or password, click on the Forgot Apple ID or Password button at the center of the page in order to start. Depending on whether or not you checked the Remember Me box, your password will likely come up automatically on the sign-in screen in a drop-down menu. Look for it first and see if it works before trying it out.
2. You will be taken to a page where you will need to enter your Apple ID (which is usually your primary email address associated with your Apple account), and then you will need to enter your name and email address associated with the account. Select the option I would like to reset my password and then click Continue.
Note: If you have set up two-factor authentication for your account, you will see a different screen and you will be asked to confirm your phone number (more about this later).
3. It will now be possible for you to select how you would like to reset your password. You have the option to reach out to your bank via email or to answer a set of security questions to reset your password. Which option you choose depends on your preferences.
4. When you select the email method, Apple will send instructions to the primary email address that you used in order to begin the process, or to your rescue email, if you chose to create one. It will be easy to tell when you receive the Email has been sent page with a large, green checkmark, as you will be able to see if the email has been sent.
If you are unable to locate the email, please make sure you check your spam, junk, and trash folders, and then repeat the steps above to send it again. If you choose to proceed with the security questions, you have to confirm your birthday and answer specific questions before you are able to create a new password.
How to reset My Apple password using Account Recovery?
In the event that your iOS device is located in another room, you should not have a problem requesting your password through Account Recovery. If your phone becomes lost or stolen, this method will work for you, as well. # How to reset My Apple password using Account Recovery?
You will be protected from anyone accessing your account and potentially impersonating you or using your data by recovering your account. It may take a considerable amount of time for the verification process to be completed based on the amount of information that you provide in order to demonstrate you are truly the person you are.
Step 1: When you are completing the steps in order to reset your password by using iForgot or iOS, you will likely see an option to Request Account Recovery. Select this option as soon as you are finished with the steps.# How to reset My Apple password using Account Recovery?
Step 2: You need to provide a phone number that Apple will be able to contact you at when you are ready to access your account. Apple will send you a verification code when your account is ready to access.
Enter that verification code to verify the personal information you provided. Once you have completed that step, Apple will send you a confirmation email regarding your account recovery request and will let you know to keep an eye on your phone for a call or text regarding your account.
Step 3: You’ll have to wait for a bit; it’s difficult to estimate when exactly you’ll receive a call or text message from Apple, but they’ll contact you when your account has been approved.
Step 4: You will want to visit iforgot.apple.com. From there, you will enter your Apple ID and phone number which you used during the first two steps. # How to reset My Apple ID password?
Step 5: There will be a second call or text sent to you at that point containing an Account Recovery code. Proceed back to the iForgot website and enter that code as instructed.
It is recommended that you sign in to your account and confirm your trusted phone number in order to further strengthen the security of your account. Signing in and confirming your trusted phone number are also recommended for better account security.
Regardless of how you decide to reset your password, it is very important that you log into your Apple account as soon as possible after resetting it. Upon logging into your Apple account, you can double-check your password within your Settings menu to ensure that it has been updated on all of your devices (so that you do not get locked out for too long). By doing this, you can be sure that you’ll have consistent access to your Apple account through the entire process.
How to Find My Apple ID Password?
It is unfortunately impossible to find your Apple ID password if you cannot remember it – the only option you have is to reset it in order to regain access to Apple services. # How to reset My Apple ID password?
The process of resetting your Apple ID password allows you to access a wide range of services, including:
- Apple Inc. (ICloud)
- App Store
- Apple Music
Apple ID passwords can be reset, but how many options are available? It’s good to know that there are quite a few choices you can choose from. # How to reset My Apple ID password?
In order to recover your Apple ID password, you will need to have access to a device and you will need to choose whatever method makes sense for you. Most of these options do not require a phone number in order to recover your Apple ID password.
How to Reset My Apple ID Password on an iPhone or iPad?
There’s no doubt that your iPhone and iPad are always with you, so this is one of the first things you’ll try when you’re trying to reset your Apple ID password. It’s quite easy because there’s no setting up required, unlike when using a Mac.
In order to reset your Apple ID password on your iPhone or iPad, you will need to follow the steps below:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad
- Change your password by tapping your name > Password & Security
- You’ll be asked to enter your passcode if you have one
- Complete the two fields below with your new password
- To finalize, tap Change at the top right of the screen
How to Reset My Apple ID Password on a Mac?
Forgetting your Apple ID password is one of the reasons why you would want to change your Apple ID password on your Mac. There are many other reasons too.
Even worse, your device could have been lost or stolen. If the password for your Apple ID has been reset, then anyone who finds or steals your device will not be able to access any of your personal information.
It’s important to note that this is not the same as recovering your Mac password, as that’s very different. The former allows you to regain access to Apple’s services, such as iCloud. The latter allows you to regain access to your Mac itself.
The best way for you to put it into perspective is to recognize that you need your Mac password in order to be able to reset your Apple ID password. # How to reset My Apple ID password?
You can reset your Apple ID password on your Mac using the same steps that you would follow on your iPhone or iPad. The procedure is similar to the one you would use on your Mac.
- Go to your screen’s upper-right corner and click the Apple icon
- You can choose System Preferences from the menu.
- A pop-up window will appear with Apple ID at the top-right of it.
- Select Password & Security > Change Password from the menu
- Click Allow if prompted for your device password
- Change your password by entering it in the provided fields.
Changing your Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad is a pretty similar process, as it is not much different from changing your Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad. # How to reset My Apple ID password?
How to Reset My Apple ID Password on a New Device?
In addition, if you have a new device with Apple ID, you can obtain your password for that device. # How to reset My Apple ID password?
If you have just purchased an Apple device, or have not connected your Apple ID to that device, you will be able to view this option on the Apple ID sign in page when setting up the device.
There are a number of devices that you can use for this purpose:
- Apple Watch
If you are setting up a new device with your Apple ID, here is how you can reset your password:
- If you forget your Apple ID or password, start setting up your device.
- Complete the setup process by following the on-screen instructions
- Select an app that requires your Apple ID to be signed in
If you have forgotten your password, it is probably the best idea to head over to the Apple support website to reset it. Changing your password on the Apple support website is probably the least complicated way to do it.
Those of you who own an Apple Mac can search for your password by doing the following steps in the Keychain Access app after you have followed the steps above.