How To Reset Discord Settings? In Discord, there is not a single button that you can use to reset everything back to normal, but you can adjust certain settings manually, like Discord voice settings.
For example, go to the Voice and Video section in the settings and tap the Rest Voice Settings button if you want to reset Discord voice settings.
There is no doubt that Discord is one of the best apps to help you customize everything about your mobile device.
There are a variety of settings that can be customized, and bots that can help you accomplish multiple tasks.
In some cases, however, you may make changes to your Discord settings that may negatively impact the overall performance of your Discord service, requiring you to reset your Discord settings.
This guide explains the different ways in which you can reset Discord settings in this manner.
You may make some changes to Discord that can adversely affect Discord’s performance. If you want to learn more ways of using Discord, stay tuned for this guide, showing you how to change various settings in Discord like Voice and Language, among others.
How To Reset Discord Settings
As part of Discord’s customization capabilities, you are able to make some adjustments to your application and then revert those changes if you’ve made changes you find unsuitable for your application.
There is no button for reverting all Discord changes, but it is possible to change several settings, as discussed below.
Reset Discord Voice Settings
The following steps can guide you through the process of resetting Discord’s voice settings.
This is one of the Discord settings that you can reset.
- On a computer, launch Discord.
- Using the gear icon, open Settings.
- Click on “App Settings” and choose “Voice & Video”.
- To reset your voice settings, scroll down and tap the “Reset Voice Settings” button.
- By clicking “Okay,” you confirm your intentions.
Make sure you are not using the Discord mobile app because it may not have the option. You can use the Discord web app to complete the above steps.
Reset Discord Language Settings
You can reset your language settings on Discord if you have accidentally tampered with them by accident as shown in the following instructions.
- Install the Discord app on your phone.
- Please tap the profile picture on your profile.
- Select “Language” from the settings.
- Choosing the language of your choice.
- Discord can be accessed on a desktop computer.
- Your username will appear when you click on the gear icon.
- Choose the “Language” option from the left menu.
- Choose the language you prefer.
Reset Discord Settings by Logging Out
In addition to logging out of Discord and logging back in, resetting other settings in Discord can also be done by logging out and logging back in.
Rather than resetting Discord manually, then, you should first log out and then log back in to the application.
On Mobile Phone
- You can launch Discord on your mobile device.
- Go to your profile and click the icon.
- You can log out by scrolling down and tapping on “Log Out.”
The first thing to do is to log out, and then log back in using your Discord credentials. Logging out and back in will reset some settings, such as keybinds.
- You can open Discord on your computer by clicking here.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- You can scroll to the bottom of the left panel by scrolling left.
- Confirm “Log Out” by clicking it.
How to restart Discord bot server
As you know, restarting the discord servers means that you will be removing all of the channels as well as all the roles and permissions that you have in the discord server.
It is a simple answer to the question that you cannot remove all the channels at once; you must remove each channel individually. #How to restart Discord bot server
Likewise, you have to remove roles and permissions on Discord one by one by selecting users and channels that are associated with the roles and permissions you wish to remove.
It seems that the person restarting the discord bot is actually trying to accomplish two goals.
- Save channel members
- All channels and their permissions should be removed
How to save members of the channels in CSV
In order to accomplish this particular work, I found the following code to be very useful. You need to use it in PM in order to export all the members from each channel you are working with.
Afterwards, after you delete the whole bot, you will have to reinstall it on the server and create different channels where you will import the members to their respective channels.
For the exact code, you can refer to this link. #How to restart Discord bot server
How to reset discord on PC or Laptop
There have been times when we have encountered a problem where Discord does not open on our PC or laptop. It continually shows the circle icon and tries to restart as shown below in the figure.
Whenever you find this type of black screen on Discord and you wish to restart it, then follow the instructions below in order to do so.
- To access your app data, press the Windows key and type %appdata%.
- The following figure is displayed by this command.
- Discord can be run after you delete the folder named “Discord” and restart your computer.
It is also possible to use the compatibility checker and allow Discord to run with the compatible mode when discord is not opening as an alternative to rebooting Discord when it does not open.
It is important that you perform the following steps to ensure compatibility with discord before restarting your machine and running the app.
- Click on the Discord icon with the right mouse button
- Go to the menu and click on properties.
- The compatibility tab will appear as soon as you click on properties.
- Check the box next to “Run this program in compatible mode for” and then select the service pack 3 from the list.
- Start discord and save the program. It will work.
How to Reset Discord App
Discord app could be malfunctioning if you do not know what to do with it. If you think that this is the case, you may have to reset it.
For different devices, the process is different.
Listed below are the steps you need to follow.
Reset Discord App On Android
- Go to Apps in the Settings app.
- Go to See all apps and search for Discord.
- Select Storage & Cache from Discord.
- Choose Clear storage/Clear data from the menu.
- Click OK to confirm.
- Once again, open Discord.
Reset Discord App On Windows
- Make sure Discord is closed.
- To open up Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Select End Task from the right-click menu when you find Discord processes.
- To open the Run window, press Windows + R on your keyboard.
- Press enter after typing %appdata%.
- Go to the Discord folder.
- Using the Ctrl + A keyboard shortcut, select all files and folders.
- Click OK after pressing the Delete key on your keyboard.
- Launch Discord.
If Discord’s processes are still running in the background, you will not be able to delete the app data.
Therefore, make sure that all of them have been stopped in the task manager. You will also need to be an administrator to delete files on the C drive.
Reset Discord App On iOS
The data on Discord for iOS cannot be cleared and the app can remain intact. As a result, to clear the data on Discord for iOS, you need to reinstall it.
Here is the process for doing so on iOS.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Select General > iPhone Storage from the menu.
- You can find Discord by tapping on it.
- Once you’ve selected Delete app, tap on Delete app to confirm.
- Discord can be found in the Appstore.
- Install by tapping on it.
Reset Discord App On macOS
- Open the Force Quit Applications window by pressing Command + Shift + Esc.
- Press Force Quit to quit Discord.
- Confirm Force Quit by clicking it again.
- Press Command + Shift + G on the Finder to open the file.
- You may type in /Library/Application Support by pressing the Return key.
- Go to the Discord folder and open it.
- Press Command + A to select all files after selecting a file.
- You may now delete all the app data by pressing Command + Option + Delete.
- Confirm deletion by clicking on Delete.
- Launch the Discord application.
It is not possible to restart your Discord server using Discord. However, you can delete your current server and then invite the members to rejoin your server.
You may also be able to restart a Discord server by deleting all of its channels and roles individually.
We demonstrated restarting the Discord server by deleting all of its channels, roles, and servers on a desktop and Android system in the write-up.
It is recommended that you use the method of deleting the server in order to restart a Discord server quickly.
The second method is recommended in the event that you wish to retain the server members while removing all other server settings, such as server roles and channels.