How To Remove Pending Connections on LinkedIn? If you want to build up your LinkedIn network, then it is important to connect with people you already know in person. If you wish to do so, LinkedIn makes it easy by uploading your address book onto LinkedIn.
This will help you see who already works with you in the real world, who already has an active LinkedIn profile, and which contacts already have a LinkedIn profile so you can invite them to connect with you.
Find the name of the person you want to disconnect from in LinkedIn Contacts (under the Network menu) by looking in your list of LinkedIn Contacts.
Then hover your mouse over their name and you’ll see a couple of options – Tag (to add a tag to their contact information), Message (to send them a message through LinkedIn), and More.
In order to remove a connection, click on the down arrow next to More and choose “Remove Connection.” # How To Remove Pending Connections on LinkedIn?
Why you need to Remove Pending Connections on LinkedIn
A person may want to remove pending connections from their LinkedIn account for a number of different reasons, including:
- As a matter of privacy, should you receive a connection request from a person you do not know or feel uncomfortable connecting with, you can choose to ignore or delete the request to maintain your privacy and remain anonymous.
- The use of LinkedIn for spam and scams is no different than other social media platforms and is something that is sensitive to. Therefore, you have to be careful if you receive a request for connection from someone who most likely is using LinkedIn for spam or other malicious purposes.
- As a LinkedIn member, you may have a large number of connections pending. You may find it overwhelming to keep track of them all. If you remove the pending connections from your LinkedIn inbox, you will be able to focus on the connections that matter the most to you.
- In order to protect your reputation, you may choose to ignore or delete any connection requests that do not align with your professional image or values if you have received one from someone whose profile or behavior does not align with your own.
If you want to keep your personal information private, to protect yourself from spam and scams, to clean up your inbox, and to maintain your professional image, then removing pending connections on LinkedIn can prove to be a good idea.
In case you wish to remove a pending LinkedIn connection request, you simply need to ignore it or delete it from your LinkedIn inbox if you wish. # How To Remove Pending Connections on LinkedIn?
How To Remove Pending Connections On LinkedIn On Your computer?
When you want to withdraw connections from your LinkedIn account on your personal computer, the steps involved are similar to those you take when using your mobile device.
- Log into your LinkedIn account through your web browser.
- In the navigation bar, click “My Network”.
- The “Sent” and “Received” pages will appear when you tap on “See All” next to the Invitations.
- Click on “Sent.”
- You can remove pending LinkedIn connections by tapping “Withdraw”.
How To Remove LinkedIn Pending Connections On Your iOS devices?
As with the iOS device, the steps to removing LinkedIn pending connections on an Android device are similar to the steps on the iOS device. # How To Remove Pending Connections on LinkedIn?
- Be sure you’re logged into your LinkedIn app.
- In the navigation bar, click “My Network.”.
- To see the connections you have sent and received, click on invitations.
- The “Sent” tab shows pending connections.
- The connection request can be removed by clicking “Withdraw” beside the person’s name.
How To Remove LinkedIn Pending Connections On Android Devices?
If you have an Android phone and use LinkedIn, you can easily remove the pending connections from your account. Below are the steps you need to follow.
- Log in to your LinkedIn account.
- Navigate to the “My Network” tab.
- Click on the arrow next to “Invitations”.
- For a list of connection requests that have not yet been accepted, click on the “Sent” tab.
- Removing pending connections is as simple as clicking “Withdraw”.
Unlike the limit placed on the number of connections you can request per day to prevent spamming, withdrawals are not subject to a limit. # How To Remove Pending Connections on LinkedIn?
Where is Manage invitations on LinkedIn
The following steps will help you manage your LinkedIn invitations:
- Log in to LinkedIn.com through your device’s LinkedIn app or on LinkedIn.com.
- To access your profile, click “Me” in the bottom right corner.
- Select “Connections” from the menu on the right.
- You can manage invitations by scrolling down and clicking “Manage invitations”.
The next step will take you to a page where you can manage your LinkedIn invitations. This will provide you with the ability to accept or decline connection requests, delete pending connection requests, and send connection requests to others.
As well as controlling who can send you connection requests and how you receive notifications about them, you can also access the “Invitation settings” option on this page.
How to withdraw LinkedIn request in bulk?
You may not be able to withdraw all of your connection requests from LinkedIn in bulk. If you wish to withdraw multiple connection requests, you must do so individually.
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to withdraw your connection requests from LinkedIn in bulk:
- Using the LinkedIn app on your mobile device or logging in to the LinkedIn website on the web, you can get started right away.
- You can access your profile by clicking the “Me” icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Select “Connections” from the menu on the right.
- You can find the “Sent” tab by scrolling down.
- Choose “Pending” from the tabs.
- You can withdraw a connection request by clicking on it.
- Select “Withdraw request” from the menu.
Each time you withdraw a connection request, you will need to repeat these steps. # How To Remove Pending Connections on LinkedIn?
Depending on how many connection requests you have sent, it may be easier to find specific connections by using LinkedIn’s search function than to go through your list of requests you have sent.
This will make it more efficient for you. In order to withdraw a connection request, you have to click on the “Search” icon in the top-left corner of your screen, type the name of the individual you wish to withdraw the request from, and click on their profile.
You can cancel the connection request from their profile by clicking on the “Withdraw request” button. # How To Remove Pending Connections on LinkedIn?
How To Remove Already accepted LinkedIn Connection?
The LinkedIn feed of your company might be showing posts that do not align with your ideology or are irregular. The reason for sending the person a connection request by mistake, and then being unable to undo it until they accepted it, is that there are many ways to remove a LinkedIn connection that has already been accepted.
Through Your Network Page
There are a couple of reasons why this method is useful for removing multiple people from your connections list at the same time. You can quickly skim through profiles, see how active they are, or look at what updates they are making to your feed.
Here are the steps that are involved in removing people via your network.
- The LinkedIn app will open automatically when you click “My Network” in the menu.
- Select “Manage my network” from the top menu.
- You can find all your LinkedIn connections by clicking on connections.
- Click the three dots next to their names on the right.
- Confirm your decision by tapping “Remove Connection”.
Through The Person’s Profile Page
There are a lot of situations when you would like to remove a connection you are not interested in seeing.
The steps below are meant to help you remove your connection if you come across someone’s post that you are not interested in seeing.
- You can access the person’s profile by clicking on their name in your feed.
- Click on the three dots on the right side of the “Message” tab.
- Click on “Remove Connection” at the bottom of the page.
- Tap “Remove Connection” again to confirm your decision.
This guide explains how to remove a LinkedIn connection while it is pending or accepted. However, it is essential that you use this feature with caution to avoid losing important connections or appearing like a bot/spammer in your network. # How To Remove Pending Connections on LinkedIn?