How To Remove LinkedIn Connections In Bulk? The number of irrelevant and inactive connections in your network can hamper your reach and make it difficult to navigate through the network, so let’s take a look at how and why you can remove LinkedIn connections from your network and keep it up to date.
The fact that LinkedIn is a professional social network is the reason that people are interested in creating as many connections as possible. The more connections you create, the more opportunities you have in the job market.
In spite of this, having a large network of LinkedIn connections is no guarantee of a quality connection list if the people you are connected with are random people whom you have no interest in and who cannot provide you with any value or who are not active on LinkedIn at all.
Possibly it’s time to clear out your network if this is something you’ve heard before. # How To Remove LinkedIn Connections In Bulk?
However, whether you have too many connections is a question that needs to be answered. And even more importantly, if you do have too many connections – how do you get rid of them?
How many LinkedIn connections can you have?
Once you reach 500+ connections, you’ll have already achieved phenomenal visibility and reach, and when you reach 5,000 or more connections, you’ll be able to do some serious growth magic.
There’s, however, a limit to the number of 1st-degree connections you can have on LinkedIn — you can only have up to 30,000 of them. # How To Remove LinkedIn Connections In Bulk?
You can set the Follow option as a default option on your profile if you have more than 30,000 connections. Note, however, that you can set the Follow option a default even if you do not have 30,000 connections.
LinkedIn recommends that you only connect with people who are known to you and whose opinions you respect. Furthermore, they suggest that you manage your connection list and maintain only those connections that give you the most value in the relationship.
I think quality is more important than quantity when it comes to your LinkedIn profile. There is a certain point at which more is not always better. # How To Remove LinkedIn Connections In Bulk?
Why you should remove LinkedIn connections
There are many benefits associated with removing your connections from your network when you are networking, as you can reach 1000s of connections after just a few months on LinkedIn.
However, not all of these connections should stay in your network, as there are many benefits to removing them.
- There are times when you connect with a person solely for the sake of keeping in touch. After some time, however, you realize that they don’t add any value to your network and you wish to remove them.
- Then one day you realize that a person who engaged with you a lot when you first connected with him or her is no longer active on LinkedIn, leaving him or her as nothing more than a ghost connection.
- A lot of your LinkedIn connections may not be engaging with your content, which decreases the reach of your posts. The relevance of your connections is one of the most important factors that can have a positive impact on the LinkedIn algorithm.
- You may be receiving a lot of spammy connections trying to pitch to you constantly or inviting you to events that you do not find useful because of the spammy connections you have.
I am sure you are wondering how one goes about “pruning” or removing irrelevant and inactive connections from their LinkedIn network? # How To Remove LinkedIn Connections In Bulk?
You are able to remove a connection from your LinkedIn connection list by clicking on the remove button next to each name. If you go to the Connections page on LinkedIn, you will see that there is a remove button next to all names. Clicking on the remove button will remove that connection from your LinkedIn connection list.
As you can see, you can put a lot of time, effort, and effort into removing your LinkedIn connections one by one. Furthermore, LinkedIn does not give you the option to look at the list of connections that you have removed in the past.
This process can be made much easier with the help of LeadDelta. With LeadDelta, you are able to unplug multiple LinkedIn connections from your network at once.
How To Remove LinkedIn Connections In Bulk?
The following steps will explain how you can clear up your LinkedIn connections and remove a large number of contacts in bulk in order to do so:
- You can find a list of all your current connections by going to your LinkedIn profile, clicking on the “Connections” tab. This will open up a list of all your connections on LinkedIn.
- If you want to remove a connection, you will need to click on the three dots next to the respective “Connect” button for that connection. From the dropdown menu that appears, select “Remove connection” from the list that appears.
- Alternatively, you may select more than one connection at a time by clicking the box to the left of every connection you wish to remove, and then from the drop-down menu at the top of the page select “Remove connections” from the drop-down menu displayed.
- In order to remove the selected connections, LinkedIn will ask you to confirm your decision. Click “Remove” in order to confirm this decision.
You should keep in mind that removing a connection on LinkedIn does not always mean that you have removed the person from your professional network. In fact, it may not necessarily mean eliminating the person from your professional network, depending on the privacy settings you have set on your LinkedIn profile.
When choosing who to add to your LinkedIn network as a LinkedIn connection, you should always be careful as this can have a significant impact on your professional network’s quality and relevance.
It is important to remove connections in bulk in order to ensure that your LinkedIn network consists of meaningful and relevant connections that are able to help you achieve your professional goals.
Remove LinkedIn Connection Without Viewing Their Profile
What would you do if you wanted to remove a sensitive LinkedIn connection but didn’t want to view the individual’s profile in order to do so? # How To Remove LinkedIn Connections In Bulk?
It is important to keep in mind that your LinkedIn Connections can see whether or not you have visited their profile. # How To Remove LinkedIn Connections In Bulk?
If you want to remove a LinkedIn connection without viewing their profile, you can go to your connections page and choose the connection you want to remove from there. Then you can select the connection and click on the three dots next to its name.
If you wish to remove the connection, select the “Remove connection” option from the drop-down menu. You will be presented with a confirmation screen, which will allow you to do so.
There is also an option to add a note explaining why you are removing the connection, and this note will be sent to the person to whom you are disconnecting the connection.
In order to make sure you make the right decision before removing a LinkedIn connection, you need to keep in mind that it is a permanent action that cannot be undone, so you should decide whether or not removing that connection is the right move before you proceed.
The removal of a connection may also affect your visibility on LinkedIn, since your connections can play a major role in how your profile appears in searches.
- On every LinkedIn page, you will find a tab called My Network.
- Under My Network, click Connections.
- You can remove a LinkedIn Connection by searching by name.
- Right-click the Message button and select the three dots.
- Choose the option to remove the connection.
To qualify for your complimentary LinkedIn Results strategy session with me in order to discover what your biggest LinkedIn challenges are, click here to qualify for your free LinkedIn Results strategy session. As well as discussing what you can do to achieve results, we will also discuss what you can do to get the results you want.
My schedule is limited, therefore if you are serious about dramatically increasing your results on LinkedIn and ready to take the next step, I would ask that you only apply for an appointment with me if you are getting serious about dramatically increasing your results on LinkedIn.
How to disable connections on LinkedIn?
However, if you wish to remove connections from your LinkedIn account, you can do so by following these steps: LinkedIn does not allow you to disable connections, but you can remove them manually:
- Click on the “My Network” tab on your LinkedIn profile.
- View your connections by clicking the “Connections” tab.
- Click on the three dots next to the name of the connection you want to remove.
- Click “Remove connection” in the drop-down menu.
- Upon clicking “Remove connection”, a confirmation window will appear asking you to confirm your decision.
Before removing a LinkedIn connection, keep in mind that it is a permanent action that cannot be undone, so you need to think about whether this is the right decision for you. # How To Remove LinkedIn Connections In Bulk?
Additionally, it is important to note that removing a connection may negatively impact your LinkedIn visibility, as your connections can play a role in the ranking of your profile on LinkedIn.