How to recover a disabled Instagram account? The one word word that comes to mind when it comes to Instagram is no-brainer. Like Facebook, Instagram has become such a popular social media app that millions of people from all over the world use it every day to share stories, photos, reels, and much more to get engaged with their followers and followers.
In fact, if you’re also using Instagram, chances are you’re well aware of how much fun things seem until you’re able to use your account and then when you’re unable to do so, right? # How to recover a disabled Instagram account?
There are a lot of reasons why you might not be able to access your Instagram account, so if you’re unable to do so and wondering what you would do to recover it back then, you are going to get all the answers you need here, even those you may not even have considered.
It is a known fact that Instagram still ranks among the top social media platforms in the world, and for many users losing access to this platform is a frustration.
In most cases, you are able to retrieve your Instagram account from the Instagram database after you have been banned from it. Fortunately, it usually doesn’t take too much effort to get your account back.
In this article, we’re going to explore how to recover your Instagram account after it has been disabled.
Reasons why your Instagram account is disabled?
There have been a lot of people who have reached out to me about their similar experiences with getting their Instagram accounts deactivated and reactivated since I shared my own story about how I got my account deactivated and reactivated, and below is a breakdown of the reasons most people have had their Instagram accounts suspended or deactivated.
These Actions that can get your Instagram deactivated:
1. Suspected Fake Identity
Using “stolen” photos, which show the faces of other people without their permission, or images of other people that are not your own can result in your account being deactivated if someone files a complaint against you. Avoid using “stolen” photos, which show the faces of other people without their permission.
# How to recover a disabled Instagram account?
2. Copyright issues
There is a risk that your account may be deactivated until you prove that your rights to the disputed images/videos/sounds belong to you if you are sharing photos from other accounts, photographers or influencers that display their logos. Users may lodge a copyright complaint with Instagram and your account may be deactivated until you prove your ownership.
3. Violating the Instagram Terms and Conditions
This is a wide category. Basically, it is anything that Instagram’s artificial intelligence-powered algorithm finds strange with your account, whether it be promoting products without using the hashtag #ad or scamming people via DMs, buying fake followers, using bots or third-party apps, or anything else that the AI-powered algorithm finds outright strange.
- In this case, the content may be considered “controversial”, it could even be political or it may include violent, racist, profane, or exploitative material.
4. Acting like a spammer
Occasionally, Instagram AI will block your account temporarily if it finds inconsistencies in the frequency of your postings (e.g. you suddenly start posting 20 posts in a row or commenting on 100 posts in a single hour). It is imperative that you are a genuine persona and not a bot, so this is required.
Having said that, Instagram’s biggest problem is that they don’t usually tell you which policy you violated, so when you are locked out of your account for the first 24 hours, you’re left guessing “what did I do wrong” and their response is often extremely vague.
How to recover a disabled Instagram account?
In order to get back your Instagram account if it has been disabled, you will need to fill out and submit the “My Instagram Account Was Deactivated” form.
If you have submitted your application, you need to wait for Instagram’s response. Instagram will ask you to provide them with a photo of yourself holding the code in hand. Therefore, you must be sure to check your email periodically to see Instagram’s response.
Typically, the email will arrive within a few hours after you have submitted the “My Instagram Account Was Deactivated” form on their site. You must reply to their email with a picture of yourself holding a handwritten code that is visible to everyone.
Your account will then be reactivated once Instagram reviews your photo. If everything goes well, you will receive a second email from Instagram confirming that your account has been reactivated.
If your Instagram account has been disabled, here is how you can restore it.
1. Go to the “My Instagram Account Was Deactivated” form
If your Instagram account has been disabled, here is how to recover it
The “My Instagram Account Was Deactivated” form can be found at the following link: https://help.instagram.com/contact/437908793443074 (for accounts that have been disabled due to repeated violations of intellectual property or sharing of fraudulent/misleading content).
In order to fill out this form, you must have your Instagram account disabled as a result of sharing fraudulent/misleading or illegal content. In case your account has been disabled for another reason, you will not receive a response.
The Instagram Help Center has more information on this issue, but it might be worth a shot to submit the form as well. Firstly, go to Google, search for the phrase “My Instagram Account Was Deactivated”, and then tap the link. If you cannot find it, you might want to check the links above. # How to recover a disabled Instagram account?
2. Select “I understand and wish to continue”
Get your Instagram account back if it has been disabled
This form is intended for Instagram accounts that are violating intellectual property rights or sharing fraudulent or misleading content. As soon as you’re on the form, you will see a checkbox saying “I understand and wish to proceed”.
Even if you think that your account was disabled by mistake, you still have the option of filling out the form if you think that it was disabled without reason.
Please be aware that if you violated Instagram’s community guidelines more than once, it may be difficult for you to get your account back. However, if you have violated Instagram’s community guidelines more than once, it may not be possible for you to get your account back.
3. Provide your contact information and content at issue
On Instagram, the issue pertains to the content and contact information of the user. How to recover a disabled Instagram account?
You will be directed to a form that will expand once you click on “Send”. There are a few sections that you need to fill out, including your “Contact Information” and the “Content At Issue”.
In the “Your name (name and surname)” field, please enter the full name of the person you are addressing. For example, if the full name is “John Doe”, then please enter “John Doe”.
You should also enter your email address in the “Email address” field if you have not already. As a rule of thumb, you should enter your Instagram account’s email address in the “Content At Issue” section. Describe the content at issue in the “Content At Issue” section. Put your Instagram username in the “Your Instagram username” field.
You should enter your Instagram username, for example, if your username is followchainorg. Once that is entered, you will need to explain why you believe that the content should not have been removed in the “Please explain why you believe that the content should not have been removed” field.
In case you believe that the content was removed by mistake, here is an example of an explanation (if you think it was removed by mistake): “Hi, I am very sorry to tell you that my Instagram account has been disabled by mistake”. I did not post any content that violates the community guidelines of Instagram. After you have explained the content at issue, proceed to the next step by scrolling down the form.
4. Complete the form and submit it
Getting your Instagram account back on track
The form has both an “Attachment” and a “Declaration” section which you can use to upload the content that was taken down by mistake. Once you have scrolled down the form, you will see that there is an “Attachment” section in which you can upload the content.
5. Wait for Instagram’s email and reply with a photo of yourself
With the help of a code, you can post a photo on Instagram. How to recover a disabled Instagram account?
It is necessary for you to wait for Instagram’s email once you have submitted the “My Instagram Account Was Deactivated” form. After you have submitted your form, Instagram will send you an email shortly afterward. Therefore, you should make sure to keep your email in your inbox.
If you have not received the email from Instagram, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. According to the email, you must reply with a photo of yourself holding a code that has been handwritten on your body.
The email will contain a code that will need to be entered.
- To begin with, it is a good idea to write the code down on a piece of paper.
- As a second step, you will need to take a photo of yourself holding the code you have written.
- As a final step, reply to Instagram via email and attach the photo to your reply.
- Make sure that your face is included in the photo and that it is as clear as possible.
6. Wait for Instagram to reactivate your account
It is time to reactivate your Instagram account
In order for Instagram to review your photo after you have sent it, you need to wait three to five days after you have sent it, depending on how quickly Instagram reviews the photo.
It can take a while due to the lack of reviewers, however. Therefore, you need to make sure that you regularly check your email to see if Instagram has contacted you. If it has, you will receive an email from Instagram stating that your account has been reactivated! In case you have violated Instagram’s community guidelines more than once, you may be permanently locked out of your account, and you will not be able to get it back. In that case, you will have to create a new Instagram account in order to continue your account.
How to disable your Instagram account?
A disabled Instagram account and a deleted Instagram account are terms that are often used interchangeably, but there is a fundamental difference between them.
In the event that you (or Instagram moderators) temporarily disable your Instagram account, your profile, photos, comments, and likes will all be hidden until you log back into your account and reactivate your account. # How to recover a disabled Instagram account?
If you would like your account temporarily disabled for whatever reason you may have:
- You can temporarily disable your account by logging into Instagram.com from your mobile browser or computer. Instagram itself does not allow you to temporarily disable your account.
- Click or tap your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen and then select Edit Profile from the menu that appears.
- In the bottom right of your screen, scroll down and click or tap Temporarily disable my account.
- When you click on the dropdown menu next to Why are you disabling your account?, you will be offered the option to disable your account after you’ve selected the reason from the menu and entered your password. Once you’ve selected a reason from the menu and entered your password, the option to disable your account will appear.
- Temporarily disabling your account can be done by tapping or clicking the button.
How to delete your Instagram account?
Your account will be permanently deleted when you delete it. When you do this, you will lose your profile, photos, videos, comments, likes, and followers as well.
It may be better for you to temporarily disable your account using the method above instead of unfollowing everyone and starting over again if you just want to take a break.
There will be no reactivation of your account when you delete your account. Instagram won’t be able to reactivate your account after you delete it, and you won’t be able to create another account with the same username. # How to recover a disabled Instagram account?
If you would like your account to be permanently deleted, please follow these steps:
- The best way to delete your account is from a mobile website or a computer. If you don’t have an Instagram account on the web, you’ll need to create one first. If you’re not signed in to Instagram from within the app, you can’t delete your account.
- There is a dropdown menu beside the question, “Why are you deleting your account? “; you can select a reason from the menu and re-enter your password. The option to permanently delete your account will only appear after you have clicked on your chosen reason.
- My account will be permanently deleted if I click or tap the button.
In case you would like to remove another account from your account list:
- There is a username in the top-right corner of the page titled Delete Your Account that can be clicked or tapped.
- Select the Log Out option next to the username by clicking or tapping on it.
- If you would like to delete your account, log back in to the account and follow the instructions above to do so.
How to recover a hacked Instagram account?
It is important to understand that if hackers manage to hack into your Instagram account, it basically means they have control over your account for some reason or another. # How to recover a disabled Instagram account?
It is possible that they can post malicious content to your account that may adversely affect your reputation. They may also use links on your account to monetize on your followers, and you will have to pay the price for that.
It is not impossible to recover a hacked Instagram account, but it is difficult to do so. In order to recover the account, you must act as quickly as possible. The longer you wait, the harder it will be for you to recover your hacked Instagram account.
Please contact the following email address if you have an issue logging into your Instagram account at any point in time:
- There is a good possibility that Instagram will have sent you an email about suspicious activity on your account, or they may be notifying you that your account details have changed. Check your email to see if you have received any such emails.
- If you click the link provided quickly you might be able to recover your hacked Instagram account. You will need to log into your account as soon as possible and change your password in order to do so.
- There is, however, a solution if you are unable to log into your Instagram account. If this happens to you, you can contact Instagram and request a login link. This login link will be sent to your email address or the phone number associated with your Instagram account.
- In order to recover your hacked Instagram account, you can use a security code. If you clicked on the get help with signing in option, then clicked on need more help, you will be prompted to verify your identity. Enter your phone number or email address. Enter the security code and you’ll be able to recover your Instagram account.
- Click on I can’t access this email address or phone number and then click on My account was hacked. If all other methods fail, report the hacked Instagram account to Instagram.
- Afterwards, you will receive a form that you should fill out and send to Instagram, then click on the request support button. Instagram will then ask you to verify your identity.
- You can cross-reference the photo with your shared photos on your Instagram account by sending it to Instagram with the code written on a piece of paper. Instagram staff will be able to verify that you own the account by comparing it to a selfie you took.
Why are Instagram accounts getting disabled?
How do I get my disabled Instagram back?
Is this helpful to you? If you or someone with your password deleted your account, there’s no way to restore it. You can create a new account with the same email address, but your username may not be available. # How to recover a hacked Instagram account?
Why did Instagram randomly disabled my account?
You can ask us to review any decision that was made regarding your account if you believe it was disabled by mistake. Open the app, enter your username and password, and follow the on-screen instructions. # How to recover a disabled Instagram account?
How do I contact Instagram directly?
The Instagram support team is available by phone at 1-650-543-4800 or online through Instagram’s Help Center. Instagram once offered email support at email@example.com, but that address has since disappeared. If you see a copyright violation or a hacked account, you can also contact Instagram.
How long does it take for Instagram to review a disabled account?
If the appeal is not accepted, there is pretty much nothing else you can do except delete your account. If the appeal is denied, there is pretty much nothing else you can do except download your data. # How to recover a disabled Instagram account? # How to recover a hacked Instagram account?