How to mass delete photos from iPhone and iPad? It’s no secret that the pictures and videos on your iPhone take up a considerable amount of space. I believe most of the storage on your phone is taken up by pictures and videos.
Your photo library is only getting bigger as your camera gets better with each new model. It’s not just because of the improved specs. It’s because it’s so easy to snap a photo. This means you can take another photo if you don’t like the face you’re making or the angle you shot it from. Well, you get the idea. The chances are, you’ll keep taking pictures until you get the perfect one.
You might be looking for a way to delete pictures en masse if that’s how you use your iPhone’s camera. If that’s the case, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, you’ll discover how to mass delete iPhone photos, not just one way – but two ways! Read on! # How to mass delete photos from iPhone and iPad?
How delete multiple photos on iPhone?
You will see how to bulk delete photos using smart and manual methods. Regardless of which method you choose, keep in mind that deleting a picture from your phone also removes it from the cloud. Therefore, you should only delete pictures that you genuinely want to remove. Getting rid of the ones you don’t want to use to free up space on your phone isn’t the only thing you’ll want to do.
However, if your photo library is too cluttered, you might also want to delete these pictures from the cloud. Leaving them on the cloud will just cost you time and space. # How to mass delete photos from iPhone and iPad?
That doesn’t mean you have to select all the images and videos and tap the trash icon one by one. There is a way you can select images and videos in a group and click the trash icon.
Your iPhone can be used to mass delete photos in the following ways:
- Launch the Photos app.
- Select All Photos from the Library menu.
- Select from the top menu.
- You can delete photos by selecting them.
- The Trash icon appears once all of the photos or videos you want to delete have been selected.
How to Bulk Delete Photos on an iPhone or iPad?
A large group of photos can be highlighted for easy deletion even though you cannot delete all photos from an iPhone at once:
- On the Home screen of an iPhone or iPad, tap the Photos app.
- You can view all of your photos grouped by date at the bottom of the screen by tapping Photos.
- Tap Select to select every photo in the group for deletion. Find the date or group of photos you want to delete.
- The selected images can be removed by tapping the Trash can icon.
Mass backup and delete iPhone photos on computer
If you don’t need a lot of photos, you can delete them. You can check your storage to see how much space your photos app uses. You can easily manage, edit, delete, backup, and restore all your iPhone/iPad/iPod files using another free photo data manager. Follow the steps below for more information.
- You will need to download and install Mobile Manager on your computer, then connect your iOS device to the computer and select the Trust option.
- The top bar will display options after it loads your phone data.
- You can remove photos from your iPhone/iPad/iPod by tapping the Photos option and selecting photos from the photo album.
Selectively delete photos on iPhone
The majority of iOS users know how to delete photos or videos on their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Photos that you delete are saved in your “Recently Deleted” album. They will remain in there for 30 days before they’re deleted. It’s not possible to delete photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch directly in the Photos app if you add them from iTunes.
You can read about how to delete photos from iTunes in part 5.
- Choose the album from which you wish to delete photos in the “Photos” app.
- Click Select in the upper right corner. (For example, drag your finger across a line and drag up to select all of the photos within that column or row.) You may select individual photos by tapping each, or you can select many by dragging your finger across the many you wish to select and delete.
- You must open the Recently Deleted album and delete the photos again after deleting them from the Trash icon.
Recover deleted photos or videos
- The Albums tab can be found in Photos.
- Under Utilities, tap Recently Deleted.
- You can unlock your Recently Deleted album using Face ID or Touch ID on iOS 16 or later.
- Choose the option you want.
- You can also select all the photos and videos in an album and tap Recover All if you wish to recover everything.
- Confirm recovery by tapping Recover Photo.
You can recover photos and videos from your Recently Deleted album for 30 days if you accidentally deleted them. # How to mass delete photos from iPhone and iPad?
Delete Entire Moments on iPhone/iPad/iPod
You can also delete Moments from the iPhone Photos app as an alternative. This can be especially useful if you are just trying to delete as many photos as possible after saving them to a computer. # How to mass delete photos from iPhone and iPad?
You can just select Moments to delete instead of dragging your finger up your screen.
- Take a look at the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Tap Photos at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Years of Collections (at the top) if you are not automatically taken to Moments. You can view all of the moments within a collection by selecting the year.
- The upper right corner of Moments is where I will tap Select.
- Each Moment will have a Select button.
- In the bottom right corner, tap the trash can icon to delete photos from as many Moments as you want.
# How to mass delete photos from iPhone and iPad?