How To Make an AFK Channel in Discord? It is generally necessary to create a new voice channel named “afk” and then navigate to server settings and select the newly created channel from the “Inactive Channel” menu after creating it. Then, you should set the “Inactive Timeout” section to the desired time and save the changes.
The Discord chat program was designed specifically for gamers, allowing you to find, connect with, and communicate with your friends conveniently.
It is also equipped with a great feature that enables you to establish an AFK channel.
You can use this feature whenever you need to take a break but do not want to miss any of the conversation. But how do you set up a Discord channel that is AFK? #How To Make an AFK Channel in Discord
What’s an AFK Channel, what are its uses?
When an online user is not actively participating in the Discord server, they will be able to use a Discord AFK channel. AFK stands for ‘Away from keyboard’.
A user is added to the AFK channel when he or she is inactive for a specified amount of time. The amount of time is determined by the server owner.
An AFK channel can be used in the following ways:
- For the purpose of distinguishing members who aren’t active on the server
- Maintaining your channels by making sure they aren’t inactive without reason
- Inactive members should not be kicked out even if they are online
- These channels can also be used by members to avoid interruptions
The fact that users are often away from their computers for various reasons makes it unfair to kick them out.
At the same time, it’s unfair on the team to keep waiting for them. Therefore, AFK channels are ideal for solving this problem.
How to make an AFK channel in Discord
AFK channels can only be created by server owners and administrators. Members who are not participating in Discord but are actively gaming are not inactive.
Only inactive members move to AFK channels. #AFK channel in Discord
Additionally, users are able to move themselves to AFK channels in order to avoid disruption.
A member cannot stream videos or share their screens in an AFK channel. Only voice channels can be set as inactive / AFK channels. #AFK channel in Discord
How To Create an AFK Channel in Discord on a PC
You can create an AFK channel on Discord using a computer by following the steps below:
- On your computer, open Discord.
- To edit a server, navigate to it.
- Select “Voice Channels” and click the “+” button.
- Please select “Voice.”
- Please give the channel a name of your choice.
- The “Create Channel” button can be found at the bottom of the page.
- At the top of the page, click on your server’s name.
- Choose “Server Settings.”
- Click on “Overview” and select “Inactive Channels.”.
- You may set the “Inactive Timeout” section to the time that is most convenient for you.
- The “Save Changes” button can be found at the bottom of the page.
How To Create an AFK Channel in Discord on Mobile
Follow the steps below to access Discord on a mobile device:
- On your mobile device, launch the Discord application.
- In the top left corner, click the hamburger menu icon.
- On the left side of the screen, select the server.
- Next to “Voice Channels,” click the “+” button.
- Please select “Voice.”
- Your server should have a name.
- Located in the upper right corner, tap the “Create” button.
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Select “Overview” from the menu.
- Select “Inactive Channel”.
- It is recommended that the new AFK server be selected.
- The “Inactive Timeout” setting should be set.
- The “Save” button can be found in the upper right corner of the screen.
AFK channels can be useful for a variety of purposes in Discord. It may be important to you to have a place for people to go if they need some time away from the chat while they are working or gaming.
Whatever your reason for creating an AFK channel, it can be an excellent addition to any Discord server.
It is possible to create an AFK channel by creating a new channel and setting it to “Inactive Channel” in the server settings.
#How To Make an AFK Channel in Discord #How To Create an AFK Channel in Discord