How to Install Kodi on Google TV? In case you want to cut your subscription to cable then Kodi would be a great media player to get for your gadget. Kodi is a free streaming service that offers a large amount of streaming content.
However, it is important to understand that Kodi can be installed on Google TV for free. # How to Install Kodi on Google TV?
There are many ways you can enjoy all kinds of media on Kodi. It is the most popular and open-source media center. Using Kodi, you can watch virtually any type of audio or video file. It also supports all kinds of audio and video file formats.
Without adding add-ons, Kodi is just a simple media player that you can use to watch local files. Kodi software is built around add-ons. When you add these add-ons to your Kodi software, you will be able to watch various movies, TV shows, music, documentaries, originals, and much more by adding the add-ons that you can find from both official and unofficial sources.
The compatibility of Kodi varies among different platforms such as Windows, Android, and Linux. What about the newly launched Google TV, is Kodi accessible with the Google TV? The answer is yes. The latest version of Kodi is fully supported by the Google TV, as it can be installed from the Google Play Store.
How to Install Kodi on Google TV using Chromecast?
The Google Chromecast streaming device allows you to directly install Kodi on your Google TV. Using this method, you will be able to download and install Kodi on your Google TV using Chromecast. However, if you don’t have a Chromecast at home and you would still like to stream the app on your Google TV, you can also side-load it.
The following instruction will assist you with the installation and streaming of Kodi on your Google TV using two different methods.
- On the Google TV home screen, select the Search option from the upper left corner
- In the search bar, search for the Kodi app and hit enter.
- Once the search results are displayed, select the official app.
- Once you find the app, tap to install it, and then your TV will start downloading it.
- Upon downloading the app, tap it to open it, and a pop-up will appear with information.
- You can now continue by allowing Kodi to access your Google TV media.
- Kodi’s Home screen also allows you to add media content.
- The Kodi content can now be viewed on your Google TV and enjoyed on the big screen through streaming.
How to Install Kodi on a Sony Bravia TV?
There are a number of ways that you can install the app, not least of which is directly through the Google Play Store, if it can be found there. # How to Install Kodi on Google TV?
As a Sony Bravia TV owner, I want to let you know that installing Kodi on your Sony Bravia TV is not as straightforward as installing any other app. Sony has made it very difficult to install Kodi on some of its Bravia series televisions.
In the past few months, Sony blocked Kodi from all of its Android TV models with Android TV version 9. According to some reports, this move symbolized Sony’s disapproval of piracy because Kodi is a platform that allows you to watch movies and TV shows free of charge. There is no confirmation of this theory, however, from Sony.
In terms of the issue at hand, over the course of the past few years, both Google and Amazon have removed Kodi from their official app stores on several occasions (Source 1, Source 2).
In any case, it is worth trying the Google Play Store first, just in case. If you are unable to find the Kodi app on the Google Play Store, or you are looking for a different version, then you have the option to sideload it in the next section.
Step 1: You can open the Google Play Store by clicking on “Get More Apps” in the Apps window. This is the first step in installing the application.
Step 2: In the search box, type “Kodi” and press enter.
Step 3: Kodi used to be called XBMC, and the developers still call it that. To ensure that this is the genuine app, verify that it is from the XBMC Foundation.
Step 4: Click Install to start the installation process.
Step 5: You will see Kodi in your Sony Android TV’s Apps window once it has been installed.
How to Install Kodi on Sony TV?
Kodi isn’t always available in the Google Play Store. Sometimes, Google even removes Kodi from the store completely. Sony Android TVs require sideloading Kodi when that happens.
We’ll go over one of the easier sidesloading methods below. Sideloading means manually installing apps on your Android device. # How to Install Kodi on Google TV?
Here’s a link that you can click on to go to my tutorial if you’re looking for a more detailed description of how to sideload apps on your Android TV.
1. From the Google Play Store, install the Downloader App and follow the on-screen instructions.
There is a FireStick app called Downloader that works great on Android TVs like the Sony Bravia as well as FireSticks.
2. You will need to allow permission for your Android TV to access files if this is the first time you’re using it. If this is the first time you’re using it, you will need to allow permission to access files on your Android TV.
3. Install Unknown Apps permission may also be needed by Downloader.
As soon as Downloader finishes installing, it will direct you to the Settings menu if you haven’t already done so.
4. You can find the search field on the Downloader home screen by entering “kodi.tv”.
You will be taken directly to the official Kodi website when you use the Downloader’s web browser.
5. Under the Menu in the top left-hand corner of the screen, click on the Download button.
6. When you reach the selection of operating systems, scroll about halfway down the page.
7. Choose Android from the list. There are different Android versions available, but the 32 bit APK for ARM processors works best with Sony Bravia TVs.
8. You can download the ARMV7A (32 bit) APK by clicking here.
Depending on your Internet speed, you should be able to download the installation file within a few seconds.
9. Installing the application begins with clicking Install.
Afterwards, exit Downloader and you will see Kodi in your Apps menu on your Sony TV. Click on the icon to open it.
How To Install Kodi On Sony Bravia From The Official Website?
This can also be accomplished by downloading the Kodi app from Kodi’s official website and then transferring it over to your Bravia TV so that it can be installed. The method described above is very similar to that described above, except that the Downloader app does not have to be installed on your TV.
You can also use this method to reload Kodi on your MXQ box. You need to follow these simple steps to do so.
- To do this, open your TV’s settings and select the “Security & Restrictions” option under the “Settings” menu.
- Install files from outside the Play Store by enabling Unknown Sources on your TV.
- To download the Kodi app, go to kodi.tv and click on download. Then choose the version that fits your needs.
- Once the .apk file has been downloaded, plug the USB into the TV and copy the .apk file onto the USB.
- Next, open the Google Apps file manager (download it if your TV does not have it already) and find the .apk file. You can also use another file manager if you like, but be mindful which file manager you choose.
- When you find the .apk file, open it and follow the prompts on the screen to download. Click on the “OK” button to begin the installation process. You will see the Kodi app appear on your TV’s Apps window after the process is completed.
You should be able to download and install Kodi on your Sony Bravia TV pretty easily because it is available in the Google Play Store. There are times, however, when the Google Play Store does not offer this option. In that case, you will have to manually sideload it to your TV.
You will need to take a few extra steps to sideload Kodi on your Sony TV, but it is well worth the effort. It will allow you to install Kodi in exactly the way you want to rather than the version available on Google Play.
You will find that it is quite easy to install Kodi on your Sony TV, no matter how you choose to do it. You will be able to watch movies on Kodi within just a few minutes.
Here we have provided you with a confirmation regarding how to get Kodi on Google TV. We have provided you with two different ways of installing Kodi on your TV by using the Chromecast and third-party apps such as Downloader.
If you need any additional information or have any questions about this article, please do not hesitate to contact me in the comments section below. # How to Install Kodi on Google TV?