How To Delete My TikTok Account? What happens to your work and personal life when your TikTok craze gets out of hand? Or maybe you’re just tired of watching endless videos on the social network?
There is a way out – to leave it. In order to avoid the temptation to return, it is advisable to delete your TikTok account permanently. This guide will help you do so. # How To Delete My TikTok Account?
Important things to keep in mind
The Delete account button is believed by many to be the most effective way to get rid of your account from the social network immediately. It is not true. It will be gone within one month.
Your profile will continue to exist during that time, but no one will be able to see it. What is the point of waiting so long? During this period, the account owner has time to think about whether or not to keep the account and if he or she changes their minds within that period, the account can easily be reinstated if the owner changes their mind within the time period. Just log in and you will be able to restore your account.
TikTok will offer you the option of saving your archived account information when you start the process of deleting your profile. Don’t rush to do so, as this will not allow you to collect all of your videos from the account.
It is the only archive that contains general information about the user: a description of the profile and its settings, the history of your activity on the social network, and your contact details that you made during registration.
In spite of this, all this information can still be useful to you, and the process of preparing an archive of this type will probably take between 3 and 4 days.
How to Backup Data on TikTok Account?
Once you delete your TikTok account, you will have a grace period of thirty days, within which you can log back and access your data. # How To Delete My TikTok Account?
In the event that you are not going to use TikTok again for a while, you may need to back up your data as a precaution so that you won’t have to worry about losing your data.
- On your smartphone or computer, open TikTok.
- Using the profile icon, navigate to settings.
- Choose the “Settings and privacy” option after tapping the three lines.
- The “Privacy” option can be found by tapping on it.
- Click the “Download your data” button in the section.
- As a default, TXT is selected in the file format options. If you want to use JSON, select it.
- The “Request Data” button will appear when you click on it.
How to Temporarily Deactivate TikTok Account on Mobile App?
You will have 30 days from the time of using the steps below to restore your TikTok profile. If you use the steps below to deactivate your TikTok account temporarily, it will have the same process as deactivating your account permanently.
- By entering a username and password, you will be able to log into your account.
- On the bottom right of the screen, click on the icon for your profile.
- In the top right corner, click on the three dots to open the menu.
- Go to “Manage My Account.” and tap it.
- Delete your account by clicking “Delete Account.”
- Click “Send code” to receive your security code by email or phone.
- You will be prompted to enter a security code. Click “Continue.”
- You can delete your account again by pressing “Delete Account”.
How To Delete TikTok Account in 2 Ways?
As long as your data has been securely downloaded, you can delete your TikTok account through your app or through the website, as explained below, once your data has been securely downloaded.
Delete TikTok Account via App
- Get your TikTok app up and running.
- At the bottom, click your profile icon.
- You can do this by selecting the three-line menu icon.
- Go to the “Settings and privacy” section.
- Select “Manage account” from the list.
- Tap “Delete account” at the bottom of the page.
- Click “Continue” and confirm you want to delete your account by following the prompts on the screen.
Delete TikTok Account Through the Web
The following instructions can be followed if you are accessing the website:
- To access TikTok, use your favorite browser.
- Click on your profile picture and select “Settings”.
- Navigate to “Access control” under “Manage Account”.
- Choose “Delete” from the right-hand menu.
- The deletion of your TikTok account can be completed by following a few on-screen instructions.
How to delete your TikTok account?
It might not be for you after trying it out. Or perhaps you have concerns because some claim it’s spyware. # How To Delete My TikTok Account?
There are a number of reasons why you may want to delete your TikTok account at any particular moment, but whatever the reason may be, it is important that you make sure that you do it correctly, not just by deleting the app from your phone.
Just keep in mind that after you delete your TikTok account, you will no longer be able to access your videos, and you account will become invisible.
For your TikTok account to be deleted, please follow the steps below:
- Launch TikTok.
- From the app’s bottom-right corner, tap the profile button.
- From the top-right corner, select the three-dot menu.
- Select Manage my account from the menu.
- At the bottom of the page, delete the account.
- Confirm your decision by tapping Delete Account again.
- Delete your account by clicking “Delete Account.”
How to restore TikTok Account Using Computer?
As in the case of the mobile app, there are steps for restoring your TikTok account that are similar to the steps required on your computer. The steps outlined below can be used within 30 days of the date when you deleted your account.
- Go to your computer’s browser and open it.
- You can find Tiktok on the web by typing www.tiktok.com.
- As you would when logging into your account, enter your username and password.
- During the reactivation pop-up, click “reactivate.”
- All of your old posts and followers can be found by clicking on your profile picture.
As one of the most popular apps available today, TikTok is great for connecting, and it is up to you whether you want to delete your account or not. # How To Delete My TikTok Account? # Delete TikTok Account
No matter what method of accessing your TikTok account you are using, this post will explain how you can quickly delete your account, whether you are using the TikTok website or the mobile app.
You can download the file with your data if you decide to leave TikTok forever. If you are still sure that you want to leave TikTok forever, remember to do so. Your account will be deactivated for a period of 30 days after you click the delete button.
After that, it will be permanently deleted. Consequently, you can devote more time to worthwhile tasks and be more productive. # How To Delete My TikTok Account? # Delete TikTok Account