How To Crop Discord Profile Picture? A great profile avatar is an integral part of the way you represent yourself on Discord. Therefore, it is essential that you have a great profile avatar, so you are able to communicate with fellow gamers and join different communities that align with your interests.
In Discord, you can upload a variety of formats of profile pictures, most of which are images. However, there is a limit to the size of the profile picture. This means that if your profile picture is too large, you need to crop it first.
Why Crop Discord Profile Picture?
In order to stand out from the crowd on Discord, everyone wants a personalized and perfect profile picture for their profile. On Discord, you can also add your profile picture so that people will know who you are chatting with.
Avatars can also serve as representations of your interests, such as gaming avatars. # How To Crop Discord Profile Picture?
The maximum size for a profile picture you can upload to Discord is 128 by 128 pixels. If you upload a profile picture that is larger than this, Discord will automatically crop it to suit the required dimensions when it uploads it.
As it is, when Discord crops your profile picture for you, the cropped sections may not be what you would have preferred. # How To Crop Discord Profile Picture?
Therefore, it would be a better option to crop your own profile picture so you can upload that to your Discord profile instead of using the cropped one that Discord provided.
Discord profile picture size
Discord recommends that you upload a profile picture that is 128×128 pixels in size, but you are able to upload images that are up to 2048×2048 pixels in size. If you upload an image that is larger than 128×128 pixels, it will automatically be resized so that it fits within the 128×128 pixels boundaries.
Taking into consideration the fact that smaller images load faster and may even look better on some devices, especially those with low resolution displays, is an important factor to consider.
As a result, even though you may be able to upload larger images, it is generally a good idea to keep your profile picture as small as possible, while still maintaining a high degree of detail as possible.
Besides the size of the image, it is also important to take into consideration the file format of the image. In Discord, you can choose between JPEG, PNG, and GIF as file formats.
However, JPEG is generally the best choice since it produces small file sizes, yet has a high level of image quality. When it comes to images with transparent backgrounds or simple graphics with a small number of colors, PNG and GIF are usually the most suitable formats.
How To Crop Discord Profile Picture?
As you probably already know, there are a variety of tools available that allow you to crop the images that you want to use for your Discord server.
If you do a search online, you will find numerous options that allow you to crop an image. Some of these tools include Kapwing, Onlineresizeimage, Fotor, etc., so you may want to check them out.
Here are the general steps to follow to crop your picture.
- The best cropping tool for you can be found online.
- Make sure you upload a profile picture.
- Start cropping the picture by selecting the editing option.
- Crop it so it fits the 128 x 128 pixels.
- Click “Download” once the image has been cropped.
Once you have your cropped profile picture, you need to change your current Discord profile picture in order to use the cropped picture instead. To do this, follow these steps.
- Launch the Discord desktop app.
- Go to “User Settings” (gear icon) at the bottom of the screen.
- Click “My Account” in the next window.
- Click “Edit User Profile” next.
- On our profile picture, you will find the option to “Change Avatar.”.
- “Upload image” should be selected.
- Your cropped and downloaded profile picture should be selected.
It’s that simple. You’ve used the cropped image as your Discord profile avatar. # How To Crop Discord Profile Picture?
How to change Discord profile with mobile app?
Discord’s mobile app lets you change your profile picture.
- Launch the Discord app on your mobile device.
- Your Discord profile picture can be accessed by clicking on the three-line icon.
- Ensure you are on the “User Profile” tab by tapping on your profile picture again.
- Choose “Change Avatar” again after tapping your picture.
- Tap on the “Choose” button or checkmark icon to select the profile image you cropped and downloaded earlier.
- You can save your profile changes by clicking the “Save” button.
By cropping your Discord profile picture before uploading it, you have ensured that you’re going to have a good-looking and well-fitting profile picture, instead of Discord cropping it for you.
How to crop image in discord?
There are several ways in which you can crop an image in Discord. Here are the steps you can take:
- Go to your desired server or channel in Discord and send the image there.
- Select the image you want to crop by clicking on the “Add Attachment” button.
- In order to open the image editor, click on the thumbnail once the image is uploaded.
- Click on the “Crop” button near the top of the image editor to enter crop mode.
- Select the image area you want to keep by using the handles around the edges, or zoom in using the zoom slider.
- To crop the image, click the “Apply” button once you have selected the area you want to crop.
- Lastly, click “Send” to send the cropped image.
In Discord, the image editor is fairly basic and may not have all the features you need to crop images more advancedly, so if you would like to have more control over the cropping process, you may want to use another image editor like Photoshop or GIMP to perform the cropping.
If you’re using Discord, your profile picture is automatically cropped before being set as your profile picture, even if you’ve cropped the picture before uploading it. It has already been shown to you how to crop a picture for your Discord profile.
As a result, we have also discussed the steps on how to upload the newly cropped picture as your Discord profile. # How To Crop Discord Profile Picture?