How To Add Grammarly to Microsoft Teams? In spite of the fact that Grammarly is compatible with Microsoft Word and Outlook, Microsoft has not yet enabled Grammarly for Microsoft Teams.
However, even though this is the case, Microsoft Teams has an inbuilt spell checker that you can use whenever you like.
It has been explained in this guide how you can enable the spell checker in Microsoft Teams so that you are free to write without worrying about grammatical errors.
Spell-checking is an issue which is always of concern to many users, especially when they are in a professional situation and are using a computer.
There is nothing more embarrassing than having interesting thoughts which you want to share, but your English fails you because of a few simple mistakes while you are trying to communicate them.
The reason why many people have been searching for ways to have Grammarly installed and functioning on their Microsoft Teams is because of this reason.
Grammarly for Microsoft Teams: What you need to know
In addition to being one of the most popular writing assistants on the market, Grammarly also has the ability to help users improve the clarity, accuracy, and effectiveness of their written communication.
It is possible to access Grammarly’s features and functionalities directly from within Microsoft Teams by adding Grammarly to the platform.
In this way, communication and collaboration within the Teams environment can be improved to a greater extent.
Grammarly can be added to Microsoft Teams to provide the following benefits:
- An increase in writing quality: Grammarly’s AI-powered writing recommendations can help users improve their writing by catching spelling errors, improving sentence structure, and suggesting more concise and clear phrasing, all of which can result in a higher level of written communication in Teams chats, messages, and documents.
- It can help improve the coherence and effectiveness of team communications by ensuring consistency in tone, style, and grammar when users use Grammarly’s suggestions.
- It can help users save time and increase productivity by providing real-time writing and editing suggestions and feedback.
By integrating Grammarly into Microsoft Teams, users will be able to communicate more effectively as well as write and edit more efficiently.
Does Microsoft Teams Have a Spell Check?
The spell check that is embedded in Microsoft Teams is the same spell check that you would find in any other spell-checking application, which is why it is so effective, and it works for chats as well.
When teams right-click on a misspelled word, the tool offers suggestions and highlights the missing words; it has the same functionality as Grammarly.
As opposed to Grammarly, which allows users to add words to the Grammarly dictionary, Teams’ spell checker does not allow the user to do this.
How To Enable Microsoft Teams Spell Check
As a default setting, Microsoft Teams includes a spell-checker, which some users may not be aware of.
It may be necessary to manually activate the spell check if that is not the case for you. #Enable Microsoft Teams Spell Check
You can do so by clicking the link below.
- Log in to Microsoft Teams.
- To open the Teams settings, tap your profile picture in the upper right corner.
- On the “Settings” page, click “General”.
- Ensure that “Enable Spell Check” is checked in the “Language” option.
To enable spell check, ensure the checkbox is marked, and restart the program once it is done. #Enable Microsoft Teams Spell Check
How To Add Grammarly to Microsoft Teams
There are many people who have embraced Grammarly because of its simplicity and effectiveness as a spell-checking tool, and for good reason.
As for the bad news, even though a lot of people have suggested that Microsoft make Grammarly compatible with Microsoft Teams, they have yet to do so, even though they are considering it. #How To Add Grammarly to Microsoft Teams
Grammarly has been indicated by Microsoft to not be able to integrate with other desktop applications other than Microsoft Word and Outlook.
As an alternative, you could try accessing Microsoft Teams via the web browser and installing the Grammarly extension on Chrome to see if that works.
Because Microsoft does not provide a spell-checker in Microsoft Teams, you may not be able to realize this request since Microsoft has its own spell-checker available.
In the event that installing the Grammarly extension doesn’t solve your problem, later on in this article, we will discuss how to enable the Spell check application in Teams, which is explained in the following section. #How To Add Grammarly to Microsoft Teams
How do I enable grammar check in Teams?
In order to enable Grammarly’s grammar check in Microsoft Teams, you need to follow these steps:
- If you haven’t already, install Grammarly for Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari.
- Sign in to your account in Microsoft Teams using your web browser.
- To write a message, open the appropriate chat or channel in the Teams app.
- Fill in the message box with your message.
- Your typing should be accompanied by Grammarly’s underlined suggestions.
- Click the Grammarly icon to view more detailed feedback.
- Click on the suggestion to accept it and apply the change. Grammarly will provide suggestions for spelling, grammar, punctuation, clarity, and more.
- Send your message after making all necessary changes. Click “Send” to send.
In addition to this, Grammarly’s suggestions will only appear in the message box, not in the chat or channel feeds themselves.
It is very important to keep in mind that Grammarly is not a perfect tool and might not catch every error or provide the best suggestions in every case.
You should always double-check your messages before sending them to make sure that they are correct.
How To Solve Spell Check Not Working in Microsoft Teams
It has been observed that many people are comfortable with the Teams spell check application, but some users have expressed concern that the Teams spell check will identify some words as misspelled when they are in fact correctly spelled.
Using any one of the fixes below, you will be able to resolve the same issue you have observed.
#1: Change the Language
There is a possibility that changing the language of Teams spell check may help you get it to work correctly again.
The process of doing this can be found here.
- Click “Settings” under the Teams profile picture.
- The “Language” section can be found under the “General” tab.
- Decide which English you want to use.
In order to ensure that the changes have taken effect, restart Teams once you have changed English to the desired language.
#2: Delete Teams Dictionary Files
There may be times when the Teams Dictionary file is corrupted, resulting in incorrect functionality.
Here is the directory where you can find the dictionary files:
Select all files containing .bdic files in the subfolder and delete them permanently. Replace “Username” with your computer username.
As soon as you delete the files, Teams will try to install other files and install them, and hopefully, they will not be corrupted during the installation process.
There is no doubt that Grammarly is a good tool to have, regardless of whether or not you are a perfect speaker of English.
As a result of this guide, I will explain how you can add Grammarly to Microsoft Teams as well as the best alternative to Grammarly that you can use if Grammarly is not available.