How to Fix Error 38 When Sending SMS? Messages can be sent in a blink of an eye in the digital age, resulting in a fast-paced communication environment. Therefore, when you encounter an error while sending a simple SMS, it can be frustrating.
We should keep in mind that Error 38 is a common roadblock to the smooth flow of our messages, among the wide range of possible errors. It can be frustrating to deal with Error 38, whether you are a heavy texter or rely solely on SMS for important communications.
We will nevertheless explore the intricacies of this issue in order to find effective solutions to resolve it for your SMS, so do not be alarmed.
Sending an SMS on Vodafone’s network will result in error code 38, which is most commonly found in Vodafone’s network.
It has been reported that Vodafone users experience this error code when sending SMS messages to friends and family. This may be due to poor network connectivity, physical damage to the SIM card, or incorrect network settings.
It is good to know that you have come to the right place if you keep receiving Error 38 and are not able to send SMS to your users. If you are seeking a solution to this problem, you have come to the right place.
What Is Error 38 When Sending SMS?
In most cases, an error 38 means that the network is out of order when you send a message, which can be caused by a number of factors, including a problem with your service provider or a problem with the settings on your device.
The following are possible solutions in this situation:
- Removing other messaging applications may allow you to send SMS texts, but you may not be able to receive them, if you have other messaging applications installed on your device, such as Truecaller. See if this resolves the issue by removing these applications.
- To reactivate your SIM card, go to your device’s SIM card settings and select the reactivate option.
- You may be able to resolve network-related problems by simply restarting your device in some cases.
- ##4636## should appear in your device’s dialer after you insert it. You can choose your language from the pop-up menu that appears. You can view the SMSC block that has been placed by selecting the phone option. You simply need to input your cellular company’s SMSC number and click ‘update’.
- Consider switching networks: If you’re using O2 (gg) as your mobile network, you might try switching to Orange or T-Mobile to see if the problem is resolved.
The best course of action might be to contact your service provider if you are still experiencing issues; if you are not able to resolve them on your own, you may need assistance.
How to Fix Error 38 When Sending SMS?
It is important to employ a systematic approach when troubleshooting and resolving Error 38, which appears when sending SMS.
The following instructions will guide you through this process:
Reset Network Settings
Resetting your network settings on your phone will reset your cellular network as well as your Wi-Fi settings, so follow these steps to see if this will fix the problem.
The following steps will guide you through the process of resetting the network settings on Android:
- The Settings app can be found in your phone’s app store.
- Go to the Settings app and select General Management.
- Reset network settings by tapping Reset after tapping Reset.
- Tap Reset Settings and enter your PIN to reset your settings.
- Resetting the network settings will result in the network being reset.
Resetting your iPhone’s network settings is as easy as following these steps:
- You can open the Settings app on your iPhone by tapping it.
- You can transfer [Device] or reset it from the General menu.
- Reset the program by selecting Reset.
- By tapping on Reset Network Settings under this section, you can reset your network settings.
Update the Messages App
Messages may need to be updated if this issue persists. Follow these steps to do so:
- Open the App Store or Play Store depending on your mobile device.
- If you search for the Messages app, choose the first option that comes up.
- You can update the app by tapping on the Update button if an update is available.
- Thereafter, you shouldn’t encounter Error 38 when sending SMS messages.
Check Message Center Number
It’s important that your mobile carrier’s message center number is correct if you are experiencing Error 38 on your SMS messages.
If the message center number is incorrect, you may experience Error 38 on your SMS messages.
Check Your SIM Card for Damages
It is also possible that this issue occurs when your SIM card is damaged. Check your SIM card for damage if you are experiencing this issue. Try inserting the SIM card into another phone to see if the issue is resolved.
It may be necessary to replace the SIM card if you are still experiencing problems. You can visit a Vodafone Store or contact customer service if you are still experiencing problems.
Set SMSC Manually
You can set SMSC manually if you still receive Error 38 when sending SMS. This is typically done by your network provider, but if you are experiencing this issue, you will need to set SMSC manually.
You need to get the Vodafone SMS number applicable to your location before continuing. Your network provider can provide you with the SMSC number for your region by clicking this link.
You can set up the SMSC once you have the number by following the steps below:
- You should have the Phone/Dialer app open on your phone.
- It can be reached by dialing ##4636#*#*
- Open the Phone Information screen and look for SMSC.
- To see the current SMSC number, refresh the page.
- Your network operator should provide you with a SMSC number to replace the existing one.
Select Vodafone Network
In order to solve the connectivity problem causing Error 38 when sending SMS to an account, it is recommended that you select the Vodafone Network manually.
You will be able to accomplish the following by following these steps:
The following steps will guide you through selecting the Vodafone network on your iPhone:
- You can access your iPhone’s settings by going to the Home screen.
- Select Cellular from the menu.
- By tapping the Network Selection option, you can disable the Automatic toggle.
- Select Vodafone from the list of network operators.
Manually changing your Android’s network to Vodafone can be accomplished by following these steps:
- To open Settings, tap the Settings icon in the App Drawer.
- Navigate to the Connections menu and select Network Operators.
- By turning off the toggle, you can disable Select Automatically.
You will be switched to Vodafone when you select Vodafone from the list of available operators.
What are some other common SMS errors and their solutions?
In addition, here are some other SMS errors you might encounter, as well as how to fix them:
– Error 21: Short message transfer rejected
Whenever you receive this error, it indicates that the network rejected your message because it was congested, overloaded, or for some other reason.
Using a reputable SMS provider and limiting the number of messages sent at once will prevent this error.
– Error 29: Facility rejected
If you sent a long or special character message, or attached an attachment, the network rejected your message.
You should avoid this error by keeping your message short and simple, using plain text format, and not sending any media files.
– Error 28: Unidentified subscriber
There is a possibility that the recipient’s number is not registered with the network or is roaming outside of the service area if this error occurs.
You should confirm network availability, verify the recipient’s phone number, and confirm their country code.
– Error 1: Message blocked
There are many reasons a message may be blocked by a recipient’s carrier or device, including spam, malicious content, or technical issues.
Follow best practices for SMS marketing, such as obtaining consent from your recipients, using a clear sender ID, and avoiding spammy language.
– Error 8: Unknown subscriber
There is either no recognition of the recipient’s number or the number has expired.
If any of your contact information is inactive or invalid, you should remove it from your contact list regularly to avoid this error.
Call Forwarding Unconditional Voice Not Forwarded
There are hiccups in digital communication, such as Error 38, which slow down our SMS journey for a few seconds.
If you understand the root cause and implement the fixes discussed, you can regain control over your messaging experience.
Troubleshooting these errors requires patience and persistence, as well as technical skill. We are able to stay connected to the world at our fingertips, despite obstacles like Error 38, as we navigate the ever-evolving landscape of technology.
The next time your SMS encounters a detour, you can steer it back on course armed with knowledge.