How to Change Facebook Page URL? You can use a Facebook Page as a digital outpost for your brand, business, or personal endeavors in the vast landscape of the internet.
You use it as a link between you and your audience, and it’s often your first point of contact with them online.
The good news is that you can change your Facebook Page URL if you are unsatisfied with it. Perhaps it is too long, too complicated, or it doesn’t reflect your brand correctly.
Let us guide you through the steps to change your Facebook Page URL in this blog post.
We’ll walk you through the steps to make your Facebook Page URL work for you, whether you’re rebranding, simplifying, or simply refreshing your online presence.
Let’s take a look at digital identity and figure out how to give your Facebook Page the URL it deserves. # How to Change Facebook Page URL?
What is Facebook Page URL?
Using a Facebook URL, you can promote your Facebook Profile Page easily and gain quick access to it. You will find it after facebook.com/ on your website address.
Check the URL of your Facebook page directly from the browser address bar. You can open Facebook.com, navigate to your Facebook page, and then check the address bar at the top of the browser.
A unique URL will be generated from your Facebook page name when you link this URL to your Facebook page.
Requirements to Change url of Facebook Page
Check out Facebook’s username guidelines before changing your page URL or username.
You’ll need to be familiar with these guidelines before changing any of your page’s information.
Your username must not violate Facebook Terms
The terms of Facebook apply to all users. These terms also apply to your username. Make sure you follow them to avoid any problems.
If you have recently created multiple pages on Facebook, you cannot change your username right away. Your username will be removed if your page is no longer active.
You must have a unique username
The name you enter for your Facebook page will be unique. If it’s already taken, you can try another variant. If the username you want is already taken, you can try another variant.
Capitalizations and periods are not allowed
In cases where a username is already taken, Facebook does not allow you to capitalize or use periods.
Facebook considers Jane usernames as Janedoe, and Jane doe is treated similarly.
Enter a username that contains at least 5 characters
It is recommended that you use five characters in your username to ensure you meet Facebook’s requirements.
In addition to numbers and symbols, you are allowed to use other symbols that meet these requirements.
- Avoid impersonating or copying other people using the username of your Facebook page.
In some features, there is a dedicated team that reviews reports of impersonation or copying of another’s identity.
When selecting a username for your brand, ensure that it is unique and authentic.
Admin rights should be granted to you
Be sure you’re authorized before making any changes to your page. Like any modification to your carrier, Facebook only allows administrators to make changes.
Extensions and generic terms should not be used
Use alphanumeric characters and periods instead of extensions and generic terms such as “.com” and “.net.” You can use the letters A-Z and the numbers 0-9.
How to Change Facebook Page URL?
If you want to explore the full features of any site, you should go with its desktop version. Likewise, it is best to explore the Facebook page from your PC.
Here are some steps to edit your Facebook Page username instantly. Log in to your Facebook account and then click on the Page Section. Your Facebook account’s pages appear in this section.
- Identify/open the Facebook page whose URL you wish to edit.
- It shows the options on the drop-down menu when you click More on the Page Dashboard.
- Click Edit Page Info to edit the page information.
- To change your username, click on General and then Username.
- You can enter a custom username by clearing the current username.
- In some cases, if the username is available, it will automatically save the changes when it verifies it with a tick.
- To confirm, enter your Facebook password and then click Submit.
- Now that you know how to easily change the Facebook URL, let’s get started.
How to change Facebook Page URL on mobile?
In most cases, it was easier to change your Page URL from your desktop or laptop computer, but you can now access the desktop version from your mobile device by using its web browser. Here’s how:
Using a Mobile Web Browser:
- Your mobile device’s web browser should open (for example, Safari for iOS, Chrome for Android).
- In your browser’s address bar, enter “www.facebook.com” to visit Facebook.
- If you’re not already logged in, log into your Facebook account.
- In the top right corner of the Facebook page, tap the three horizontal lines (menu icon).
- Click “Desktop Site” or “Request Desktop Site” at the bottom of the menu to open Facebook in your mobile browser.
- Using the search bar or your Page manager, you can access your Facebook Page.
- Using the “About” or “Page Info” links, you can access information about your Page.
- Next to the current URL, you can edit it by clicking on the “Username” or “Facebook Web Address” section.
- If your new username is available, click “Check Availability” to find out if it is available.
- To ensure your privacy, you may need to enter your Facebook password to confirm the new URL.
- A confirmation message will appear once your new Page URL has been set.
- Make sure all external links and promotional materials are updated with your new URL.
Consider using a desktop or laptop computer for this task if you are unable to change your Facebook Page URL using a mobile web browser, as they typically offer more flexibility and functionality.
How do I shorten my Facebook page URL?
Here is how you can create a custom username for your Facebook Page, which effectively shortens its URL:
Shortening Your Facebook Page’s URL by Changing Your Username:
- You need to be logged in to the Facebook account that is an administrator of the Facebook Page you want to edit.
- The first step is to navigate to the Facebook Page to which you want to make the changes.
- In some layouts, you may find “About” or “Page Info” below your cover photo. Click it to learn more.
- Creating a custom username for your Page is done in the “Username” section of the Page Info tab.
- Create a new username by clicking on the “Create Page @username” link next to your current page URL.
- Create a Username: Enter the name you’d like to use as your new shortened URL.
- To see if your desired username is available, click on “Check Availability”.
- You can confirm the change by clicking “Create Username” after reviewing your new URL.
- To confirm the change, Facebook may ask for your password. Enter your password as instructed.
- A confirmation message will be sent to you once you’ve confirmed the password.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll have your Facebook Page URL shortened to your custom username. It’s only possible to do this once, so be careful when choosing your username.
You must also comply with Facebook’s guidelines regarding custom usernames, including being unique and not violating trademarks.
In order to connect with your audience, your Facebook Page URL is a crucial part of your online presence.
The Page URL is a crucial part of enhancing your business, personal brand, or content creation, whether you are a business owner, content creator, or content creator.
Changing your Facebook Page URL is a relatively straightforward process, but it can have a significant impact on your online identity, as we’ve seen in this guide.
Your Page will be aligned with your brand, it will be easier for people to find you, and it will leave a lasting impression on your customers.