Looking for the best WordPress plugin for Google Analytics? Making data-driven decisions regarding your website can be made much easier with Google Analytics. Unfortunately, it can be challenging to configure and add Google Analytics to the WordPress site.
This is why so many site owners look for a Google Analytics WordPress plugin that will simplify the process. Although there are a lot of WordPress analytics plugins available online, they aren’t all the same.
For this reason, we’ve made a short and simple list of the best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress. These will tools will help you collect data, analyze and also make so recommendations for you to improve your site visibility.
Reason why you need Google Analytics for your Website
Is Google Analytics necessary for your WordPress site?
The answer is definitely yes.
This is one of the best things you can do for your business if you care about getting the best results.
Analyze how many people visit your website with Google Analytics, a free website analytics tool.
Additionally, it enables you to:
- Get a glimpse of your visitors’ demographics
- Learn how to increase the visibility of your website
- Identify the most popular pages and posts of yours
- You can see in real-time what visitors do on your site
- Analyze your site’s inbound and outbound links
The information provided here can be used to make data-driven decisions that will assist you in growing your business.
When your WordPress site is linked to Google Analytics with a plugin, the tracking ID for your account is automatically inserted onto every page of your site. In contrast, you would need to add the tracking ID manually to every page.
The following list of the best Google Analytics WordPress plugins will be helpful if you’re not very technical.
10 Best Google Analytics Plugins for WordPress
These are the best google analytics plugins for WordPress that we have shortlisted and we recommend that you check them. These plugins are both a mixture of free ones and premiere ones.
1. MonsterInsights -Best Google Analytics Plugin for WordPress
Over 2 million people are using MonsterInsights for their Google Analytics dashboards on WordPress. It offers an easy way to track the data on your WordPress website by seamlessly integrating with WordPress and offering a number of impressive features.
With MonsterInsights, you can easily integrate Google Analytics into WordPress without touching a line of code. After that, you can access Google Analytics reports directly from the WordPress dashboard.
The best part is that you can use Google Analytics advanced tracking features without modifying the tracking code. Also integrated with MonsterInsights are Universal Analytics (GA3) and Google Analytics 4 (GA4). Due to the dual tracking feature, you can check both versions at the same time regardless of which version you are running.
Using MonsterInsights, you can make smart business decisions based on all the data you need.
Plugin features of MonsterInsights
- You can see the traffic details for your website in the WordPress dashboard.
- No coding is necessary to integrate GA4 and Universal Analytics.
- Analyze the demographics of your visitors.
- Discover how visitors find your website and what makes them convert.
- Track your CTA (call-to-action) clicks with event tracking.
- A GDPR compliance add-on will assist you in meeting GDPR requirements.
- Track the views, submissions, and conversions of your forms.
- Display ad campaign data in the dashboard when integrated with Google Ads.
- Easily manage author, category, tag, and more dimensions with just a click.
- You can track conversion rate, sales, and average order value using Google Analytics eCommerce tracking for WooCommerce.
Among MonsterInsights’ appealing features are those listed above. For more information, visit the features page.
Compared to other Google Analytics plugins for WordPress, MonsterInsights is a giant in the industry. You can use it for free, but it’s only $99.50 for its premium version.
Another viable contender for the best Google Analytics WordPress plugin is ExactMetrics. With over one million downloads, it has proven its worth. The plugin installs Google Analytics into WordPress with the click of a button, just like MonsterInsights.
From your WordPress dashboard, you can see all the data. Although ExactMetrics is free, it cannot be integrated with other plugins such as:
- Google Ads
- Google Adsense, and others.
However, it’s a great tool if you’re on a budget and wants a free Google Analytics app.
The following features are offered by ExactMetrics:
- From your WordPress dashboard, you can track your visitor’s activity from bounce rate, page view, organic searches, etc.
- AMP (Amplified Mobile Pages) and desktop site tracking allow you to keep track of events on your desktop and mobile sites.
- Using your WordPress dashboard, you can track real-time statistics, such as traffic sources.
- Get detailed reports on your posts and pages to optimize your pages.
- Link tracking, download tracking, and form submission tracking.
More information can be found on their features page. It might not have as many features as MonsterInsights, but it still serves as a great WordPress analytics plugin.
Some people are interested in a lightweight Google Analytics plugin that works perfectly in connecting WordPress sites to Google Analytics.
WordPress sites using GA Google Analytics comply with GDPR and enable Google Analytics tracking codes on all pages.
So your data doesn’t get skewed by admin-level users, you can disable tracking of admin-level users.
In terms of features, this plugin is quite limited. If you want additional features, you’ll need to upgrade to the pro version. The Google Analytics plugin was designed with simplicity in mind.
You’ll need to log into your Google Analytics account to access your data and reports.
Despite the fact that this WordPress Google Analytics reports plugin may not offer as much power as an alternative (such as MonsterInsights), it may be a good starting point.
Plugin Features for GA Google Analytics
- Adds Google Analytics tracking codes easily to your website.
- Visitors have the option of opting out of sharing their data. The opt-out users will not be able to be tracked.
- Tracks links better by configuring multiple tracking codes.
- Admin area users are not tracked when they are logged in.
You might find this free WordPress plugin useful if you want to track your WooCommerce store with Google Analytics.
By integrating the eCommerce analytics feature of Google Analytics with the Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics Plugin, you will be able to optimize your online store based on visitor data. Enhanced eCommerce comes with all the Google Analytics in-depth reports that Google Analytics offers, plus four new ones:
- Consumer Behavior
- Checkout Behavior
- Performance of Products
- Sales Performance
Also, you’ll be able to capture a lot of site behavior data that will assist you in understanding how your visitors browse and shop your site.
Although there are limitations with the Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics Plugin. To begin with, it is restricted to simple products, highly customized stores, paid subscriptions, shortcodes, or child themes.
Plugin owners have reported that this plugin has been known to delete its settings, causing major headaches.
Similar to MonsterInsights, Analytify will allow you to view your Google Analytics reports directly from your WordPress dashboard.
Additionally, you can run page-level analytics for every page and post, and custom post types such as portfolios, galleries, and testimonials can also be analyzed.
There is only one drawback to the free version — it’s fairly limited and you’ll have to buy the premium version to get all the features.
Additionally, it lacks more advanced features such as,
- WordPress category tracking
- Link tracking for affiliates
- Tracking file downloads, among other things.
Features of the Analytify plugin
- Your WordPress dashboard lets you track real-time visitors with Analytify. The reports can be viewed for post types, individual pages, and custom types as well.
- There are many addons you can use if you purchase the premium version. It has add-ons that allow you to track sales through WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, and UTM campaign tracking.
- You will receive automated reports from Analytify about the general statistics of your site.
Google Analytics by 10Web lets users set and manage goals, create custom dimensions, and view Google Analytics reports directly from their WordPress dashboards using an easy-to-install plugin.
Using this plugin you can also view important statistics about your ad campaigns from the same dashboard as Google Ads and Google AdSense.
The following features are also included:
- Reporting on eCommerce
- Management of goals
- Reports customized to your needs
- Sends notifications when a certain metric reaches a certain point
- Automated emailing of reports
- CSV files can be exported from reports
- Ensure that certain types of users, locations, or IP addresses aren’t tracked
If you encounter a problem with Google Analytics by 10Web, the company will resolve it within 24 hours. To access the more advanced features, you’ll need to upgrade to the paid plan.
A downside of this plugin is that it has almost 10 negative reviews regarding its inability to function correctly. There are quite a few positive reviews, but you may want to take it for a test drive for yourself first.
Matomo is a great alternative to Google Analytics. Matomo does not share data with Google Analytics if you opt-out, which is one major difference between the two tools. This plugin may be a good option for you if you run a website that advocates privacy.
Analytical plugins such as Matomo have all the basic functionality. Track your website visitors with this WordPress plugin that tracks website traffic. In addition, it presents you with detailed statistics on your traffic sources, keywords, geolocations, and other metrics just like Google Analytics.
Using the plugin, you can add the tracking code to your website and view the reports right from the WordPress dashboard. Matomo is free to try, but if you wish to keep the tracking feature, you must purchase the pro version.
Features of Matomo
- View your website’s stats in real-time from the dashboard of your WordPress installation.
- It includes heatmaps, session recordings, A/B testing, and form analytics.
- Provides GDPR compliance for your website.
- Using Matomo’s WordPress plugin, you can add the tracking code to your website.
I should clarify that WP Google Analytics Events isn’t your typical WordPress Google Analytics plugin. It will not show you data about your website, but it can be used to track events that occur on it.
WordPress users and visitors can easily be observed through events and analytics. Once you have tracked the number of clicks and scrolls your CTA (call to action) gets, you can find out how long your visitor spent on your page. There is also the option of tracking affiliate links and form submissions.
The only downside is that it’s a bit difficult to set up. For that reason, you’ll need to know more about event tracking methods.
WP Google Analytics Events Features
- Provides links and form submission tracking.
- Compares the effectiveness of two different calls to action on your page.
- Provides you with the ability to set up custom events.
- If you use the premium version of the plugin, you can track YouTube and Vimeo videos.
You can track all visitor activity on your WordPress dashboard with WP Stats, a powerful but simple analytics plugin for WordPress. Geographic and content reports are available with this plugin. This plugin also shows real-time data on your site. What’s even better is that it’s free!
The WordPress plugin does not integrate with Google Analytics, but it does have advantages as a website traffic plugin. WP Statistics will not share or configure your website’s data with anyone, so you do not have to configure Google Analytics.
The data is tracked and kept by WP Statistics, which does not share it with anyone but you. You can delete the old data to reduce storage costs, but this also increases the size of your WordPress backup.
Features of the WordPress Statistics plugin
- From your WordPress dashboard, you can view all of your stats.
- Traces redirects that come from search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yandex.
- Data can be filtered however you want. It can be filtered by location, browser version, keywords, IPs, and more.
- Sends you all the statistics regarding your WordPress website, so that you are always up to date.
10. Best Google Analytics Plugin for WordPress overall?
Based upon our careful analysis of the best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress in our list, we have concluded that MonsterInsights is the most effective Google Analytics plugin for WordPress.
The free version is excellent, and the premium version is extended. MonsterInsights makes optimizing your website an easy process thanks to its numerous features.
I hope this article on the best Google Analytics Plugin for WordPress was very helpful. This list contains the best of the best plugins and any one of them would be a great choice.